I Fell Off the Wagon

Options
I have fallen off for quite sometime now. I havent been logging or working out consistently. Now that the transition to school is complete and the dust has settled, I need and want to get back on track. Any advise or motivation? I think I need to have more friends that hold me accountable, at least to say "Hey! Where you been?!" I know this is something I have to do for myself at the end of the day. Help me out!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You made the first step which is sometimes the hardest. My daughter lucked out an found some workout buddies in school. They push each other to go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. I'm finally starting to get back on track but only the last couple days. For me, I'm setting goals and even if I don't make them this week, hopefully I'll be closer next week and the week after that. For calories, I'm trying to go back down in small steps so I'm not sabotaging myself and for working out I'm adjusting my plan as I go. I think my biggest advice is to start right now. Every time you think to yourself "I'll start tomorrow", it pushes it off. Even if starting today means skipping an unhealthy food or doing just 5 push ups, it's a move in the right direction.
  • erinyoung9415
    erinyoung9415 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're going through! All you can do is just start up again and do the best you can! Feel free to add me cause I'm doing the same thing. It's always nice to have that support! :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out consistently in a month or so, and my diet has left something to be desired. But I'm ready to get going again!

I just joined a group called 30 Day Fresh Start-- September 2013. Everyone in it seems to be in the same situation.

Good luck to you!
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are making the first step because you are trying to get back on track. I was in the same situation in the middle of this journey. I was doing all the workouts & diet, but nothing didn't change. First, I had to change my mindset and surrounded myself around people that would keep me motivated. Set your goal and focus on it. Thinking outside the box keeps me going because it keeps my mind wondering about what I am going to do with my body (health wise).