Will losing another 10 even make a difference?

Options
I'm 5'3 at 119.0 right now. I'd like to lose 10 more to land a min weight (don't try to do the health talk I'm agrown woman thanks).
How the hell do I cut these last 10 dear gosh I'm suffering trying to get it off. Not only that but 22lbs later I see no difference in my body. I've nearly convinced myself that my scale is broken there is now way I lost 22 so far but see no difference. I'm really set on 17 or less body fat at like 109ish. Tips on how to get rid of the last super stubborn 10? I eat almost no carbs outside of apples, only meat I eat is fish and turkey breast, no cheese or milk. I'm borderline going insane from trying to cut. I've even resorted to using 20lb ankle weights on a daily basis now and 10 for my daily runs.

Replies

• MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not happy with your body and don't see the changes you deserve.

The last 10lbs are the hardest, I am currently struggling with them myself - there is no magic answer unfortunately.

I have had success in the past using optislim diet shakes but I don't think I have the strong motivation required for that these days.

But you could try this, maybe you're motivated enough? Good luck. :D
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Is it really weight that you want to drop, or a look that you want to achieve?

The problem with using weight as a metric is that a scale is only able to give you a point in time absolute measure of your total mass. It tells you nothing about your body's composition. You might want to think about getting it measured to see where you're actually at, instead of using your height and weight as the basis of a flying guess. If all you're doing is running, it's no wonder that you are not seeing the kind of progress that you are expecting with a significant weight loss. You need to build muscle to get the shape you're looking for, and in order to do this the number on the scale might not be the one that you are shooting for.

If you're still determined to hit that number, then I would recommend checking out competitive Bodybuilding and Fitness forums. The people on those sites have it scienced out, since they're regularly going through bulking and cutting cycles.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    If you don't notice any difference after 22, then 10 more probably won't matter.
  • bob_day
    bob_day Posts: 87
    Options
    Do this:

1) Three meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's it. No snacks, and no "in between" meals.

2) Give up sugar. No sugar in coffee, soda, or on cereal. Give up fruit juice -- it's mainly just another form of sugar. Water is the only liquid you need.

3) In the beginning, establish a very regulated moderate calorie diet. Don't follow any sort of fad. Just pick a selection of foods that add up to a normal balanced diet -- whole grains, veggies, fruit, dairy, a little meat, etc. But start out by having exactly the same three meals each day -- the same foods and the same amounts. Weigh the portions on a scale. Consider frozen dinners. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Kashi, Smart Ones, and probably other brands have several that are low in calories and saturated fat, 25% daily value or less of sodium, and high in fiber.

4) Weigh yourself every day on a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale. Your weight will fluctuate, but with a constant diet it should trend down over every two or three days. If it doesn't, eliminate items from your diet or reduce the size of portions until your weight does go down. (If you don't have a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale, I'd recommend the EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Scale, which is sold on Amazon.) Don't obsess over the scale — let it be your friend and point the way to a weight losing diet.

5) When you have achieved a weight losing diet, then you can start making adjustments to add variety, but make sure that you keep losing weight.

6) Maintain your exercise program.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Will 10 lbs make a difference in who loves you?
    Will 10 lbs make a difference in your physical capabilites?
    Will 10 lbs make a difference in your career?

Is "that last 10 lbs" worth the what you have to go through to attain and maintain it?

Maybe it is to you?

I'm here to figure out how to live my best life.
    I don't want to be as obsessed with losing as I was with over eating... I don't want food to take up that much space in my life.
    So that I can do other things.

I want to be strong and fit. I'm desperately, afraid of going past what I can maintain and gaining all back plus some. I know too many people ho have ratcheted themselves up into health issues.

I want to live a reasonable life.
  • tsunshineandkoalas
    tsunshineandkoalas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll try it! (: Pulled the site up. Fingers crossed! And thank youu (:
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think if you want a lower body fat % and to see a different in your body. Don't worry about the scale and start defining your muscles. The scale may go up, or stay the same, but your body fat percentage will go down and you will see a difference in your body.

If that's not what you want, then just keep what you're been doing. Eat healthy, not too little and not too much and it'll come off eventually.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    If it is 10lbs almost all fat you lose, I think it will make a BIG differance in how tone you look.
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised 22 lbs lost has no physical change in your body. Are you sure? Did you take pictures when you were 22 lbs more? I'm confused why everyone is saying 10 more won't make a difference either. I'm pretty sure a 110 pound body is going to look different then a 130 pound body....
  • tsunshineandkoalas
    Options
    I'm really surprised 22 lbs lost has no physical change in your body. Are you sure? Did you take pictures when you were 22 lbs more? I'm confused why everyone is saying 10 more won't make a difference either. I'm pretty sure a 110 pound body is going to look different then a 130 pound body....

I didnt :/ i should have. and i work out 6 days a week 40 min of cardio strength twice a day. sigh.
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow! at 5'3" I'd expect you to see a huge difference after 22 lbs :huh: Good Luck with your last 10! I'm sure you'll get it. You sound determined :happy:
  • tsunshineandkoalas
    Options
    Wow! at 5'3" I'd expect you to see a huge difference after 22 lbs :huh: Good Luck with your last 10! I'm sure you'll get it. You sound determined :happy:

thanks! one way or another. igot these 20lb wieghts for my ankles ill be starting to wear everyday for the next few weeks including durningmy cardio hopefully that finally doesi t
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sounds like to me you might not be satisfied with the general composition of your body. If you feel that after you lose these 10 lbs, you still don't like how you look, I would consider adding muscle mass.

That's just me though.
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In your profile pictures, it looks like you have a before and after picture. I'd say that's a big difference! And I know I already replied to your post but...going from 119 to 109 will be almost losing 10% of your body weight. You will of course look even more different.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    Water fasting? Excess exercise with ankle weights? I think you need to concentrate on why you are not happy with yourself. You are beautiful and placing way to much emphasis on a scale.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 at 119.0 right now. I'd like to lose 10 more to land a min weight (don't try to do the health talk I'm agrown woman thanks).
    How the hell do I cut these last 10 dear gosh I'm suffering trying to get it off. Not only that but 22lbs later I see no difference in my body. I've nearly convinced myself that my scale is broken there is now way I lost 22 so far but see no difference. I'm really set on 17 or less body fat at like 109ish. Tips on how to get rid of the last super stubborn 10? I eat almost no carbs outside of apples, only meat I eat is fish and turkey breast, no cheese or milk. I'm borderline going insane from trying to cut. I've even resorted to using 20lb ankle weights on a daily basis now and 10 for my daily runs.

All depends on what your BF % is, you may not have much to lose from see.

I am more concerned with those damned ankle weights. People think they are a good thing but they are a thorn in the sidel I have them, have never used them however, because shortly after purchasing a set, I was advised against using them due to the enormous stress they put on your bones. Stress fractures are nothing to be sniffed at and can put your out of action for a long time.

Did you take measurements? If so, how have they fared?