Under Calorie Goal Everyday Help !!!

Options
Hi all,
Im new to My fitness pal, and i have a question that i hope can get answered,
When i am done logging my food in for the day im ALWAYS UNDER my calorie goals. I mean not by a little bit by like 500-700 under my calorie goals and thats not counting my excersising on top of that. Now my question is is this bad for my weight loss ??? Im not starving myself by any means ive just been teaching myself to eat healthier and that means loads of fruit and veggies, ive cut out almost all sugars i only drink tea and water, and ive cut out most red meats. I eat a lot of fish and chicken and turkey. I have also been teaching myself to eat small meals throughout the day. As i have been a huge night time eater and trying to adjust my body to not doing that. I mean im never feeling hungry. Do i keep stuffing my face full of food to meet my calorie goals for the day ??

Your advise would be much appreciated :):):)

Replies

• ohembrie
    Options
    i was having the same problem on a different website before i found mfp. if you eat some trailmix or other high protein calorie rich foods, you'll have no problem getting your numbers up there. i don't think it's all that dangerous as long as youre eating sufficient meals. An apple is not a meal. I had an amazing healthy quesadilla tonight and it was almost 500 calories. Just make sure youre getting your vitamins and such and you're full. then you'll be fine

49353823.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It will be easier to help if you let people see your food diary.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,999 Member
    Options
    It depends, are you l8sing doing this? You could add nuts, peanut butter, string cheese, trail mix things like yhis to your diet. It is hard to tell without more info, I cant see what u r eating, dont know how long you have been doing this, dontknow how much you need to lose
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Yes its bad. And its not hard to get more calories in a healthy way - eat a few handfuls of nuts, an avocado, a few tbsp of peanut butter, cook in some olive or coconut old. Each of those things are at least 100 something calories each.
  • twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can't see how many calories you are consuming or what foods they are coming from precisely. I've learned the hard way that eating healthy foods doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting proper nutrition. I do know that it is generally considered unsafe to go below 1,200 calories a day. Going under that could cause your metabolism to go into panic mode and makes it unlikely that one's dietary needs are being met. It is possible that you need more calories than that.
  • LovinDaNewLiz002
    LovinDaNewLiz002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As long as your eating 1200 calories you are fine, I am like that everyday...just if you get hungry have a snack..no biggie:) listen to your body, you are fine:)
  • DeborahBarone2
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200. Then I exercise and burn around 300 a day. Today I almost got to my calorie goal by 16 calories. I ate extra natural peanut butter and some almonds. Any way being 16 calories off is this ok?. I feel like I will gain weight.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Eat red meat.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    It is probably not just your calories that are under. Take a look your protein, calcium, etc too.

I had the same problem when I joined MFP too. It is getting better now.
    Each week I focus on one thing to eat better. Last week was protein for me. The more protein I eat, the more calories I bring in.

This week I will focus on increasing Calcium. Next week reducing sugar.