looking for support

Options
Hello! I just got signed on here. A friend told me about this site. Actually, I saw her postings on facebook. So I am hoping I can get some motivation from here myself. I spend too much time on facebook games instead of spending time taking care of myself. I have health issues that would improve if I could get this extra weight off. I am not sure how all this works but I guess i will figure it out as I go along.

Replies

• Angiepackmom4
    Options
    Welcome to the group.
  • Jess1313
    Options
    I am new as well:) Good luck on your journey!
  • having_faith
    having_faith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have never done this sort of thing before (using a computer site for support). I was a leader with another weight loss group but here I am REALLY needing help. I just don't have the motivation to get going again. I plan to get on here everyday (maybe a few times a day) and see if I can figure out how it all works and how to best utilize it.
  • mykaar74
    Options
    welcome to MFP and you are on the right track. i'm 3 weeks new and already i'm loving it, and feeling accountable for what I put in my body, and the activity i do daily. make a conscious effort to give it a try for atleast a week and see if you will find it more addictive then facebook. hey we have challenges here to such as one day goals thru 30 day goals, it's all up to you now. you will find that the people here are very supportive. feel free to friend me for support
  • having_faith
    having_faith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks mykaar74 (and other ladies)! I could use some friends in this journey!
  • cocoontheradio
    cocoontheradio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    today was my first day of loggin everything that i ate. you'll figure it out as the days go along. good luck!! theres so much power behind all of us trying to do the same thing. now get off facebook and start tracking!! (too soon for jillian bootcamp talk??)

:)
    coco
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place with lots of support and motivation. It's been one of the best decisions I have made in a while. I know you won't be disapointed. Good luck on your "new lifestyle." Feel free to friend me, I will be happy to help support and motivate you along the way!