Alcoholic Drinks to take on a Boat?

Options
My parents and I are going out on the river to celebrate Labor Day today, and I'm wracking my brain for an idea of what low calorie alcoholic drinks to take with me. I need something that travels well in a cooler. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    gin and tonics
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    anything you mix with soda,, amaretto and soda? or pimms and diet ginger ale...no cals for the mixers...
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Light beer or Mike's Light Hard Lemonade are both cooler friendly. Drinking and boating is just as dangerous as drinking and driving so please drink responsibly.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Light or ultra light beers? Not my style but you do what you have to sometimes.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Vodka

Or tequila
  • RSBrewer1961
    RSBrewer1961 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum and Diet Coke - 1.5oz (jigger) of 35% alcohol = 90 calories

A pirate-inspired cocktail seems most appropriate for out on the water. Drink responsibly!
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If it is just for yourself then one of those extra small bottles of red or white wine which contain one 250ml glass of wine, which is a large glass and 2 units ,the maximum daily allowance for a woman anyway. The size means you wont be tempted to drink more which would put you over on units, be a waste of calories if you exceeded the 250 cals in the 250 ml bottle and finally would be dangerous imo to drink more whilst on a vessel on water, you could also add soda to turn it into a spritzer and make it larger.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Vodka shots! Perfect for the parents! :D In all seriousness though, I agree with something you can mix with soda water. The fizz makes it feel a lot fancier than it is.
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Vodka or whiskey with seltzer or diet soda...that's all I drink anymore. A 1.5oz shot of vodka has around 100 calories. I put half a shot in each drink....2-3 shots will keep me going all night that way. : )

Note: Seltzer, not club soda. Club soda has a lot of sodium, and some people like to watch out for that.