Lost More Than Expected 1rst Week?

Options
I just weighed in for the first time and although my plan was to lose 1 lb/week. I lost 4.5 lbs.

I am 5' 7", 36 years old and my starting weight was 160 with a goal of 145. I am set to 'slightly active' as I'm a stay at home mom for most of the week and the two days that I work, I sit for most of that time.

My daily calorie allotment is 1,480

This week I stayed w/in my calories, if I was under or over it was only by a couple calories except for 2 days where I went over by "three glasses of white wine" and "about a cup and a half of mixed nuts" which were at social events. I also ate back my exercise calories.

Now as I go into this week. I'm not sure if it was normal for the weight to come off that fast for the 1rst week and I am still at an appropriate amount and it was just a 'first week fluke' type of thing. Or if I should bump them up for a slower loss.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Sarah

Replies

• nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I lost faster the first few weeks (5 pounds per week) than slowed down to 7-8 pounds a month since.
  • MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also lost 4.5 pounds this first week!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal to lose that much in the first week, maybe two... It will settle down soon enough! Keep in mind that weight loss is not linear and there will be weeks that you might not lose anything. It will slow down even more the closer you get to your goal.

I only have 25lbs to go and I'm losing maybe a 1/2lb per week right now.

Good luck!
  • sarahslayer
    sarahslayer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

I think I'll stick with this calorie goal and just see what happens this next week.
  • lolsauce
    lolsauce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight there were weeks when I lost around 4-5 lb. The weight loss slows down eventually.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It is likely to be the first week only. That's when we lose the water weight, which will eventually go back on when you go to maintenance. Enjoy it for now but understand that next week you may see just 1 lb... and that's awesome. Keep up the great work!