Looking for raw vegan and vegetarian friends

Options
Hello MFPers,

Just made an account and I'm looking for some fellow veg heads to follow. I'm also interested in befriending people who only eat raw! I don't think I could do it myself (I personally don't understand how cooked veggies, beans, legumes, etc are bad), but I'm open minded and love to see how others follow this lifestyle!

Replies

• BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am not a raw foods vegan but I am fair trade vegan who enjoys a lot of raw vegan recipes! Do I count?
  • dababydollmami
    dababydollmami Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian (lacto-ovo) converted almost two years ago from being meat eater.
  • nicolegal11
    Options
    Yes you count, especially with that profile pic!
  • nicolegal11
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for almost two years. I will never go back to meat! I am struggling to defeat cheese in order to step over to the vegan side. I love cheese :(
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friends request with more information about myself :-)
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for whole two days so far... haven't eaten any meat. And palnning not to. Serious. Do I count? I don't have sexy fat cat picture... :(
  • kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I could definitely use some vegetarian & vegan friends!

I've been vegetarian for three years but occasionally supplement my diet with fish. I dabble in veganism but can't really bring myself to commit since I'll eat eggs and dairy every now and then.

Feel free to add me!
  • Nadiataha
    Nadiataha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan! A year and half into it, after 13 years of being vegetarian and having a deep-seated love of cheese, ice cream, and LOTS of baked yummy things with egg in them. Never been happier, never been healther.
  • nicolegal11
    Options
    No sexy fat cat picture?? Um... I guess we can be friends :)
  • nicolegal11
    Options
    I'm a vegan! A year and half into it, after 13 years of being vegetarian and having a deep-seated love of cheese, ice cream, and LOTS of baked yummy things with egg in them. Never been happier, never been healther.

It's so weird how easy it was for me to become a vegetarian, but how hard it is to be vegan. I'm going to try very hard though!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am into wholefoods plant-based (vegan) diet.
    I eat the majority of my fruit raw but I still like to cook my grains, beans and vegetables.
    Please feel free to "friend" me.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Not a raw food vegan but vegan all the while.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! I see the value in eating some things raw, but cooking others like carrots actually helps make the nutrients more accessible to our bodies.

:-)
  • emberlea1
    emberlea1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a vegan and have been for several years, a former vegetarian. I dabble a bit in raw food and have some great recipes for raw vegan food! Cheese was the hardest thing for me to give up.
  • kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been getting into a lot of gluten free, vegan baking and am loving it! I love being able to substitute in apple sauce and coconut oil for eggs and butter. Yum! It almost gives me hope that maybe I'll be able to go full vegan someday, once I can get past cheese and ice cream!
  • dababydollmami
    dababydollmami Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We are at a midway point between vegetarianism and veganism. We have opted to use many vegan options in our lives but have not fully converted. We still eat eggs, yogurt, cheese and some other dairy products from cows but we also have dairy free milk in the home, many times when I bake and sometimes when I cook I use a flaxseed egg substitue instead of real eggs, we use nutritional yeast flakes instead of parmesan cheese.

We probably would have converted already if I didn't love my eggs (I eat a hard boiled one everyday) and cheese so much. Personally I dislike the taste of vegan cheese it just has an off flavor to me.
  • kitchera
    kitchera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Vegan here. Vegetarian before that for nine years. No longer miss cheese and have found lots clever ways around ice cream. Really don't miss them anymore. Simply turning vegan and cutting out cheese helped me loose almost two stones! Make the change, you won't regret it :)
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for almost two years. I will never go back to meat! I am struggling to defeat cheese in order to step over to the vegan side. I love cheese :(

I've been vegan 9ish years. I thought quitting cheese would be hard, but it was easier than I thought. Casein, which is in cheese, is actually addictive. Also, a lot of cheeses have rennet in them, which is part of the cow stomach, so tons of cheese isn't even really vegetarian. Also, you're lucky - there are some really yummy vegan cheeses out now! When I went vegan, there weren't many and they weren't at all good.

I'm mostly gluten free too, as I am gluten intolerant, but sometimes I have gluten-y things

eta: Tomorrow is September 1st, and Vegan MoFo (the vegan month of food) begins! This means that the vegan bloggers who sign up post as many times as they can in the month to show people how great vegan food can be. Just go to veganmofo dot com and you can see a list and there's a feed you can follow.
  • nicolegal11
    Options
    We are at a midway point between vegetarianism and veganism. We have opted to use many vegan options in our lives but have not fully converted. We still eat eggs, yogurt, cheese and some other dairy products from cows but we also have dairy free milk in the home, many times when I bake and sometimes when I cook I use a flaxseed egg substitue instead of real eggs, we use nutritional yeast flakes instead of parmesan cheese.

We probably would have converted already if I didn't love my eggs (I eat a hard boiled one everyday) and cheese so much. Personally I dislike the taste of vegan cheese it just has an off flavor to me.

I've never heard of yeast flakes instead of Parmesan... I'll have to try that!
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    mmmm to be vegan you call the nutritional yeast "nooch" and it is yummy for lots of things - soups, popcorn, pasta, etc. sometimes i blend a 1:1 mix of walnuts:nooch to make a cheesy substance for sprinkling.