Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Has anyone used Garcinia Cambogia along with healthy eating and exercise? Did you notice improved results? I'm giving it a month ????

Replies

• james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My wife and i started with it when we started our diet. Weightloss seemed to have sped up as a result but as soon as we stopped taking it seemed like the body took about 2 weeks to adjust before we were losing again. Unless you plan on taking it the rest of your life you are going to come to that point. Some say it works, others says it doesn't. I guess its all about how your body reacts to it and we are all different.
  • MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing. I have heard it is supposed to be really good but haven't tried it yet.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used Garcinia Cambogia along with healthy eating and exercise? Did you notice improved results? I'm giving it a month ????

Calorie deficit for weight loss and exercise for fitness.

Save your money.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I tried it and as far as my body is concerned it wss snake oil! Don't waste your money on it!
  • L1giff
    L1giff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Though I did have more energy when I took it, I saw no significant weight loss. As soon as I stopped taking it, I started losing!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying that it doesn't work (I am neither a nutritionist, scientist or doctor, after all) but I AM likely to be suspect of anything Dr. Oz pushes.

He just doesn't seem to be that trustworthy to me.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying that it doesn't work (I am neither a nutritionist, scientist or doctor, after all) but I AM likely to be suspect of anything Dr. Oz pushes.

He just doesn't seem to be that trustworthy to me.
    Honestly this stuff has been around why before Dr. Oz I know of it being around at least 10 years back. Actually now that i think about it, more like 20 years ago. They used it in Hydroxycut the original which, WAS BAD NEWS, dangerous as hell, yeah it worked but side effects included DEATH.

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/muscletech_hydroxycut.html
    Again this stuff was BAD NEWS.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Save your money. The jury is still out on whether this has any effect at all on weight loss. Well designed clinical studies have found no effect but other studies have found some effect on fat deposition but it may not be an effect that is good for you.

Go to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Garcinia+cambogia to retrieve a whole passel of abstracts of recent research. Given how often things at the beginning seem good for us that are later found to be bad (e.g. HRT for older women), I'd be wary before I'd put it in my mouth.
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information and input, everyone.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to weigh in on this...

I've been taking it from GNC along with Apple Cider tablets and I have noticed a nice improvement. My appetite is more controlled now, and when I do eat, I can't finish what I started. I've lost 8 lbs since I started taking it 3 weeks ago. I agree, diet/exercise should be all you need, however I was always hungry, so I was trying to find something that would suppress my appetite, and I've found it. I'm glad I found it, and I'm not spending a fortune on it either, which is nice.

Just my 2 cents of course, and yes, everyone is different, but for me it is working, so I will continue to take it. I hope you find something that works for you.
  • mattgaby
    Options
    I have done the research. Like everyone says... good and bad depending on what you click on. I consulted an old rugby teammate who is now a medical doctor specializing in sports medicine and injuries. I asked him of his thoughts on this for a weight loss supplement. His reply "Matt, the hardest part will be finding the real McCoy out there. We have access to plenty of prescription weight management products, and they actually include a lot of the ingredients used in over the counter supplements out there. The thing is, the FDA does not regulate supplements. Period. So there is no for sure way to determine if the product is 100% real, even if the label says it is. The FDA only asks supplement manufacturers to contact them with the specs and IF they reply, the FDA documents it. That is all"

My thoughts are: with as sketchy as the supplement market is, it is likely the "hit or miss" results are influenced by the "hit or miss" products out there. I found a website selling the stuff that said "No filters, blinders, or ingredients". To the fast moving eye, that looks correct... but it basically says they put a bunch of junk in the bottle for $24.99. (read again if you missed it)

I found a company on Amazon who seems to be as legit as they come. I ordered Garcinia Cambogia and Green Coffee Bean today from them and should have them next week. I plan to do a before and after video documentary on the product. I will post the videos on YouTube (rtman70) for everyone to see. Like Dr. Oz, I will not share the brand names of anything, I will however post the exact ingredients if the two products have positive effects. I cannot currently find a video on there that does not seem like an advertisement for a product. I will log back on here and post a link.

I currently weigh 280lbs, 6'1", 28yrs old, played football then rugby at Texas Tech 2004-2009. I have an athletic background and have let myself go into a large slump. I am also a certified trainer through ACSM.

I do not expect miracles. If it works, awesome. If not, at least it motivates me to get back into the gym regularly and eat better.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Save your money.
    ^^^This^^^ There is no substitute for eating right and moving more!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    For me, if it controls appetite or cravings, that's all I need, and I can do that with a cup of coffee or a few cups of tea(or ephedrine... wouldn't recommend it, especially if it's illegal where you live, but man does it kill cravings).

That's my thing about these "magic pills". For me, it's all about appetite suppression, and I can do that with a $5 bottle of caffeine pills or a $4 pack of ephedrine tablets.
  • mattgaby
    Options
    I forgot to mention, I will be taking this stuff for 3 months barring any setbacks or issues I find prior to the 90 day mark...
  • mattgaby
    Options

Save your money.
    ^^^This^^^ There is no substitute for eating right and moving more!

I agree with you. End of the day creating a calorie deficit is how you lose weight. I've noticed it sometimes helps people to get motivated by spending a few bucks on a product.... even if it is a gimmick. The mental hurdle of getting fit is often times the hardest. So introducing a new "this is going to work" angle to your motivation engine, can have positive effect.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    No supplement works on weight loss without calorie deficit. So just do calorie deficit and save the money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WolfeMama
    WolfeMama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been taking the product 2 1/2 weeks now. I've been working out for a year and eating well, and my weight isn't budging. I'm not overweight, but I need to lose about 10 pounds. I thought maybe this would kick start it. I bought mine from Wholebodyresearch and so far I've been happy. Whether it's in my head or the product, I don't know.

Currently in the 2 1/2 weeks I've lost 2 inches in each thigh, 2 inches in my waist, and 1 inch from my hips. I didn't measure my arms, but they seem slimmer as well. I haven't increased my work out. Still doing 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. Currently I am not doing any weight training, but I plan to add that back in soon.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Amazing 1st post
  • gecko333
    Options
    By my knowledge another name is 'Brindleberry'. See Sandra Cabot's book 'Liver Cleansing Diet'. She mentions it as an aid in weight loss, but yes, with all weight loss attempts plan to do whatever your doing for weightloss/maintence for LIFE if you rely on it for your results.
    Think lifestyle rather than diet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I've been taking the product 2 1/2 weeks now. I've been working out for a year and eating well, and my weight isn't budging. I'm not overweight, but I need to lose about 10 pounds. I thought maybe this would kick start it. I bought mine from Wholebodyresearch and so far I've been happy. Whether it's in my head or the product, I don't know.

Currently in the 2 1/2 weeks I've lost 2 inches in each thigh, 2 inches in my waist, and 1 inch from my hips. I didn't measure my arms, but they seem slimmer as well. I haven't increased my work out. Still doing 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. Currently I am not doing any weight training, but I plan to add that back in soon.
    Weight lifting increases circumference of bodyparts due to water/glycogen retention in the cells. Don't be shocked if this happens when you start lifting again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition