are you enjoying food MORE now you're being healthier?

Options
124»

Replies

• ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread!! Awesome answers! Being an avid cook myself, I find it awesome to see people saying "I enjoy cooking for myself a lot more!" I have a hard time going out to eat because I don't like spending money on food I know I can prepare at home that is tastier and cheaper.

I think my answer to this question is a little of both. I'm loving being creative and cooking up super healthy & delicious meals. Then, I sit down, eat it and then plug a recipe into MFP and I get a little freaked out....all, "What? This delicious big bowl of chicken, brown rice, sautéed mushrooms & onions topped off with shredded parm is less than 350 cals?" So, although it's nice to be able to cook well healthfully, I feel like I'm eating all the time. So, I get a little stressed when I tell myself YOU NEED to EAT NOW! and then I think to myself, hmmm...am I actually hungry? What to fix now...

I suppose I could have worse problems than this. :wink: I'm just glad I know how to cook and don't have to resort to plain microwaved chicken...