I need some support?

Options
Hi,

I have been on here for awhile now and I ain't getting no support, because I haven't made very many friends. I am really good about logging and being very truthful, I have lost 15 lbs and gotten no congrats for that. I just kinda want some encouragement for being so good. It helps in the slow times to keep me from getting discouraged. I always try to reciprocate and encourage. It is incredibly hard for me to work out, it is even harder for me to do it again after the first time, so if I had some support it could help me push through the pain and keep going.

I have a long way to go, and my road is going to be exceptionally hard because of medical issues. I would just love to have some friends that will support me on this journey, and that I can relate to and help on theirs.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Add me :-) I'm on here daily :-)
  • lizziecheek
    lizziecheek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    HI there!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I started MFP 17 days ago and have found it to be very helpful. Feel free to send an email anytime if you want to share more. I get back to them as soon as a I can. I am sorry you are struggling due to medical issues. I totally understand that.

Liz
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 15 pounds!!! It isn't easy, and it isn't always fun!!!

The toughest times to me are birthdays and holidays. Everyone is enjoying themselves, and you're about to feel guilty for overindulging.

Check out PINTEREST for low calorie recipes. You might find a new way to make your favorite dishes.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!!!
  • Laura062513
    Laura062513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have long way to go to and can relate to having medical issues that can make it harder or even slower at losing weight compared to someone who doesn't have medical issues and I can use some support and motivation to. so you can add me and we can help motivate and support each other
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I also have medical issues that have kept knocking me back down for years! I have felt like I'm digging myself out of a hole, but the dirt keeps collapsing in on me. I have finally got my head above the dirt and I'm getting out of this hole! It can be done! You can do it!

Feel free to add me. I am fairly new here and don't have many friends, but I log my food every day and would love to help support you. :)

Congrats on the 15 lbs. It's just the beginning!
  • lamarrsgallardo
    Options
    Add me if you want! We can both support each other and i log on daily!
  • uvonne610
    uvonne610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I remember when I got to 15 pounds! It was a great feeling and you should be proud! I could never get past 12. I know the feeling of losing weight and you get happy for yourself but when no one says anything it held me back also it made me wonder I worked this hard and no one can tell. But then I was glad no one said anything at least the people I was around. Because they all know I'm on a diet I feel like they watch and question everything I eat. I'll each 1 chip and I get asked do you really want that. As long as you find the right group of people to share this journey with know that even if we don't comment doesn't mean we are not proud of you. I sometimes hold back commenting on people's posts mainly because I'm shy.

But I would love to share tips with you. I love trying new things to see what works. And I hate working out also. My working out is walking a mile in my neighborhood and listening to music or in the mornings if I want to change it up I drive to the beach and walk in the sand around the harbor just to switch it up.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome girl!
  • AmandaJ26
    AmandaJ26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am looking for that as well! Add me! I am on everyday :smile:
  • ReedTf
    ReedTf Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for being so supportive and understanding! :) I now have lots of friends to lean on. Thank you!
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request, I love being able to support and motivate people. Anyone please feel free to add me, I do my best to support and be uplifting to my friends.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 15 pound lost :flowerforyou: .
    Keep up the good work,
    Please feel free to add me if you would like. :smile:
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congratulations on your 15lb loss, feel free to add me, Im on everyday :-)
  • samuelknighten
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss :)
    Any one can feel free to add me for mutual support & motivation, I am almost regular on MFP !!
  • raelloyd1975
    Options
    hi there congrats on 15lb loss, keep it up even if you slip a little the end goal remains the same, remember cut yourself some slack you are only human, celebrate the good things in life and learn from the mistakes.
    kind regards
  • _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!