Replies

• SarahMinett1993
    Options
    My diary is now open.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Sodium.

If I have a just one day a week with my sodium over, I have very little weight loss. This past week you had a few.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My diary is now open.

You have a number of days that look incomplete or not logged at all. I didn't go too far back.

How do you measure your food?
    Do you drink anything besides coffee?
    Are you logging all sauces, condiments, etc?
    Are you logging everything?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My diary is now open.

From a quick look, there are days where the logs aren't completed or aren't done at all. Those days could make a big difference. The other possible issue I see could be your use of measuring rather than weighing. (I measure, not weigh, but it is less precise, which could be the issue for you.) I will dig up a link to the MFP post that includes a video link showing how this happens.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    From the few days I looked at, looks like a lot of fast food and very little fresh fruits and veggies. You can still lose if under calories, but are you sure you aren't going over??? Maybe try fast food like once per week?

this is what i was thinking as well. i would add more fruit and veggies and input way less calories burned from zumba.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    Like others said Zumba does not burn that much, no where near. One day it says you burned in one hour 1363 calories. No chance. Don't eat back all your exercise cals. I go climbing for an hour and half and usually log on mfp that I did 30 minutes and eat back all of those calories. (About 300)
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello, I agree with others who commented that you might do better with a goal of 1 or 1.5 pounds per week. I had a big loss my first week, then a gain, and then a couple of weeks of small losses or staying the same. It took about a month for me to start losing at my goal rate. Best of luck to you.
  • Elliecustard
    Elliecustard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your exercise is great. That's the good news. Your diet is letting you down, though. I had a quick glance through it and it's all starchy carbohydrates, processed food and fats. Switch to wholegrains and vastly increase your fresh vegetable and fruit intake. Have small amount of healthy protein every day and try to cut out as much processed food as possible. I have done that for the last 4 weeks (together with an exercise regime) and I've lost 9lbs, feel great and look better than I have for ages. It took a while to adjust but now I love it. Good luck!
  • ledzepgirl16
    Options
    I would definitely try more fruits and veggies. When I joined earlier this week, the website suggested that I cut my calories back to 1300 per day. I am 5'6 and 155 lbs., and I was shocked! I've been eating close to 2,000, easily. I thought 1300 seemed dangerously low but decided to give it a shot. I also didn't account for the fact that I get more calories if I work out. The first day I felt like I was starving. This forced me to A) Drink more water, and B) Re-evaluate what I was eating. I know you're probably SUPER busy as a working mama, but I have already gotten creative in 3 days lol. I refuse to feel hungry all the time, so I have started eating way more veggies and fruits, because you can eat a lot more. I'm a quantity eater. :) I'm also hypoglycemic so need to eat every few hours - so 1300 calories happens quickly. I work and attend school full-time, so I have found that getting quick, easy groceries and preparing several meals in one day is essential. For example, for breakfast today I had 2 cups of watermelon, 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese, and a glass of water. Way more filling than the typical donut and coffee I was having, and healthier, too. Plus, it's only 180 calories, so I can have my mid-morning snack and not starve myself. Good luck!
  • ldugganbos
    Options
    A big one is drinking water...water and more water. Especially when exercising. Also try very hard to meet nutrition goals...I do not lose when eating crap - even though under my calories - I have to eat well:

1 dark green and 1 orange veggie each day minimum
    Add a salad to every meal...use lemon juice instead of dressing
    Fruit
    Milk (or products) but I think milk is important
    Increase protein
    No visible fat on meats
    Lower salt intake
    Walking...even if you just park 10 minutes to work - that is 20 minutes of walkin g each day - it really helps. I started biking to work (small town can't park away)...

All the things that we hate to do - work!

Know that I too HATE exercising and HATE eating well...but it does become habit...and treat yourself occasionally - I treated at every 10 pounds...now I do ever 5 pounds as it is harder to lose at this point. And also don't deprive yourself...if you are a chocoholic...buy the mini bars at walmart...and have one once in a while...just log it and be careful. Have 1/2 a can of coke instead of a full...takes away the craving...occasional wont hurt you if you are watching your regular intake.

Good Luck!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Your intake is all over the place and you look to be inconsistent with your logging. Have a read of this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Try not eating back exercise calories.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few posts, seems you have a lot of fast food and processed foods. Try weighting your food that you eat at home to make sure your not eating more than you think. I was eyeballing my measuring, and was over doing it. I suggest not so much fast food. There is so much soduim in it, that makes you retain water. Keep up the great workouts!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Your intake is all over the place and you look to be inconsistent with your logging. Have a read of this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    Agree. Seems there is missing logs of food in a lot of the meals.
  • Ayne6246
    Ayne6246 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you take any supplements? I use Advocare products but they are expensive so do not always take them as I should. But before I started taking Advocare, my MD recommended I start taking a multivitamin with metabolism booster. I use a generic from Walmart which really helped me when I first started my weight loss journey about a year ago. The effects slowed down a bit when I developed joint issues which limited the amount and type of exercise I am able to do. Patience is the key word. Since I started the program I am on now in January, I have lost 25.6# with several periods in which I gained, lost, gained again. It is a struggle but I will be attending my first and more than likely last high school reunion (51 years) next summer and I'm hoping to be within spitting distance of my goal of 135# (I'm 5 ft 3 in) by then but have set my initial goal at 145# so I will not be discouraged if I don't get down to the final goal by then.
  • rachelmaria33
    rachelmaria33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to do just that, only eat half my calories burned. Is there a setting adjustment you can do to have the site automatically only add in half?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to do just that, only eat half my calories burned. Is there a setting adjustment you can do to have the site automatically only add in half?

No there isn't. You can make your own entries or edit the ones you log.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing as the OP. I set it as 2lbs/week and I've only lost 5 lbs in 75 days. Why is that?

If that's you in the picture then I'd assume you are eating a lot more than you think you are. You don't log consistently enough to have any idea what you really do eat in a day. Commit and log every single bite, drink, taste, candy, and make sure you are being honest with those calories by weighing and measuring all of your food. Most of us are horrible and eyeballing portions to start with and packaging can be way off between what they say a serving is for calories and what it really is by weight.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Accurate logging, adherence to a calorie goal, & consistency will get you the results you're looking for. I also have to say you're tremendously over estimating your calorie burns. When I burn 900 / hr I drop between 5 & 6 pounds in sweat before/after workout. Seriously it's that much sweat for that much effort.

You can get the results you want, just need to get your accuracy refined acoss the board.