If Obama decides to attqck syria. Im fleeing

Options
Am I the only one whos afraid of what obama is going to decide? If they decide to attack, everyone is going to gain up on America.

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Where you going to go?
  • whiteberry17
    Options
    Somewhere where I wont get bombed. Like maybe finnland
  • jdm_taco
    Options
    lol ok. have fun
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Welp we are. #breakingnews :P
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    This thread may not end well........
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK we our government decided to not intervene in Syria, thankfully.

Giving these hardcore Jihadists more excuses to commit domestic terrorism in the West is the last thing we need.
  • jdm_taco
    Options
    He is a lot more hawkish than I expected him to be when first elected.....fortunately
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Frankly, having just heard Obama's speech, all I can say is that he's totally nuts. Has he learned nothing from Afghanistan? You simply can't win in that region; get rid of one nutjob head of state and an even nuttier bunch of fundamentalists drop into the vacuum. When it comes to the Middle East, a thousand years of strife should have taught the West to leave well alone.

I'm absolutely thankful to our UK parliament for voting against action. You're on your own on this one America!
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    :frown: iam moving to Canada.

Nobama
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is there some way I can profit by betting against the people who say they're going to move?
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Frankly, having just heard Obama's speech, all I can say is that he's totally nuts. Has he learned nothing from Afghanistan? You simply can't win in that region; get rid of one nutjob head of state and an even nuttier bunch of fundamentalists drop into the vacuum. When it comes to the Middle East, a thousand years of strife should have taught the West to leave well alone.

I'm absolutely thankful to our UK parliament for voting against action. You're on your own on this one America!

Thank you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I suspect OP may be in Syria. If so, fleeing may be a good option. I'd worry more about the Syrian government than Obama though.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Is there some way I can profit by betting against the people who say they're going to move?

yes, since none of them will ACTUALLY move haha
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK we our government decided to not intervene in Syria, thankfully.

Giving these hardcore Jihadists more excuses to commit domestic terrorism in the West is the last thing we need.

um....

Do you really believe this will give them ANOTHER reason????

Wake up. They don't need another reason. Sit back and let Syria use chemical weapons on its own people or act, doesn't matter. Jihad will not be affected either way.
  • MsPudding
    Options

Can't blame them for wanting to. American bombs Syria.....Syria bombs Israel........and begin ****storm.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Syria is a UN member. The UN has a blanket ban against chemical weapons.

So if the Syrian government is indeed using chemical weapons, what should be done? If the UN does nothing then its conventions and treaties are meaningless.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    So the world should do nothing while a country gasses 1,500 innocent men, women and children in violation of international law and human decency? We should shrug our shoulders and say "Not our business"? Perhaps just wag our fingers at them and say "Bad dictator! But don't worry - there will be no repercussions. Carry on."

The US is already the bulls eye in every single Jihadist target. Nothing's going to change that. I have to say I'm disappointed in the UK's decision to condone these actions. I mean, even France thinks we should do something about it.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Looks like the US is moving forward... But Obama just said he's going to ask for congressional approval. That's a good move but Congress may say no. Good move regardless.
  • MsPudding
    Options
    So the world should do nothing while a country gasses 1,500 innocent men, women and children in violation of international law and human decency? We should shrug our shoulders and say "Not our business"? Perhaps just wag our fingers at them and say "Bad dictator! But don't worry - there will be no repercussions. Carry on."

FYI, chemical weapons have been used in Syria 14 times before and nothing was done then. Obama has also come out stating he wants to strike and the UN weapon's inspectors haven't even reported their findings yet.

Then we have all the other acts of genocide around the world that we (the West) did absolutely f-all about.

A cynic may say that the West only tends to get involved when the country's location has strategic value or resources we'd really rather like to continue syphoning off.
  • safrinaxx
    safrinaxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am so, so thankful I am from the UK. Having a parliamentary debate was the right move, and demonstrates true democracy. We are learning our lessons from the disaster that was the Iraq war.

Enjoy your pseudo- democracy, Americans :)
This discussion has been closed.