Insanity

Options
Does anybody know the general amount of calories burned during a session of Insanity?

Replies

• hlc1977
    hlc1977 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being insane all the time has not helped me lose any weight!!!! But, I'm pretty sure that's not what you were talking about. ;)

Best of luck finding the right answer.
  • bigred727
    Options
    it depends on the session, some might burn 1200, some might burn 800, some might even burn 1300... depends on witch session, your going to be burnning a lot.. just know that...
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I burn around 300-350 for the regular workouts, and I just finished my second week. I haven't gotten to the second month DVDs although I'm sure those will burn more. I wear a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor when I do the workouts, and it is really accurate. Just for reference I'm in pretty good shape and am in a very healthy weight range already, so I think that's why my calorie burn is on the lower side. I definitely push myself as much as I can! It's hard to say with a workout like Insanity, each person that does it will have different results depending on many factors, hope this helps!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    The best thing to do is invest in a heart rate monitor. I am working out with Insanity as well and the best thing I did was get a heart rate monitor because the amount of calories I burned won't be the same for you. The most popular brand is Polar. I use Timex which came with the watch and chest band. It's fantastic because the calories I burn even for the same workout is not the same because the intensity I work out at will not be the same day to day and week to week. It's also great because once you figure out your target heart rate you can monitor yourself during the workout to see if you need to increase your intensity or decrease it to stay in your zone.
  • taylorrussell
    Options
    Thanks everybody! All that helped a lot. I guess I should look into a heart rate monitor. For the last 2 weeks I've just been kinda doing Insanity, but not consistently, but this week is the week. I just did day 2. :) Wish me luck!