Sea Salt and Iodine for Thyroid? Aloe Vera for skin Elastici

Options
Has anyone tried organic sea salt and iodine for sluggish thyriod problems? I went to a pharmacy today. It was one for people searching for natural or homeopathic cures. I walked in to find something to help with skin elasticity so by the time I have lost all the weight I want to lose for my wedding (46 more lbs,) I will have firm looking skin. I have only lost 34 pounds and my skin isn't exactly snapping back the way it should despite my supplements and all the water and working out I do. I know that after losing 80 I am most likely going to need some serious help. The woman told me to rub egg on my problem areas. Um, no thanks. (Although for a nearly 50 y o woman, her skin was BEAUTIFUL.) I ended up with the second best option, a bottle of Aloe Vera liquid. Then the man working there pointed out that I looked like I had a thyroid problem. I laughed and asked if it was because I was fat, he responded that my large arms and brittle, easily broken fingernails are a sign of a thyroid problem. He brought out several books that supported his theory. I will admit, I was impressed. He suggested iodine and sea salt as a boost for my thyriod. I have done reearch on this topic and I think this just may work. Has anyone tried sea salt and iodine for thyriod or aloe vera liquid for skin elasticity?

Also, I am interested in a new diet called "eating your type." It is a lifestyle change based on changing your eating habits based on your blood type (A,B O, AB) Has anyone heard or tried this?

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    For skin elasticity I have always used good old body shop body butter - especially the cocoa butter one. My profile picture is 2 years old but I was 30 in that picture. I got asked for ID to prove I was over 21 on Sunday and I have no stretch marks and my skin is shrinking just fine as I shrink - I can't recommend it more. A tub lasts ages but it certainly does wonders for my skinxxx
  • KristinaW
    Options
    The sea salt idea is pretty cool.
    I have had a thyroid problem since i was 14....and not taking my medicine during pregnancy caused it to nearly shut down. blah. without insurance i cant afford the medicine either...blah.
    i have noticed myself craving sea salt, and i add it to everything i eat. i was once told you body craves things it needs...so maybe the sea salt does help. i like the idea. and it helps me not feel so guilty about the salt addiction,lol.
  • ashiteru
    Options
    I ONCE USED THE EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR TYPE DIET, YES IT DID WORK BUT IT LIKE ANYHTING ELSE HAS TO BE A LIFSTYLE CHANGE. IT TELLS U WHAT FOODS WILL HELP U LOOSE WEIGHT, WHICH ONES WIIL MAKE U GAIN AND WHICH ONES ARE FILLERS (NEITHER HARMFUL OR HELPFUL) IF I WANTED TO STICK WITH IT AS A LIFE STYLE IT WOULD HAVE WORKED, IT JUST HAD TOO MANY THINGS IOVED LISTED AS NOT GOOD FOR ME, SO AFTER ABOUT 2 MONTHS I QUIT. I MIGHT PICK IT UP AGAIN! DEPENDING ON YOUR BLOOD TYPE U MAY JUST FALL INLOVE WITH THE BOOK. HOPE I WAS HELPFUL.
  • MystcDrmr
    MystcDrmr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THYROID AN DI USE SEA SALT ALL TIME N THRU THE OTHER SALT AWAY I USE COCOA BUTTER ALSO DONT KNOW IF WORKS LOL ... I USE TONS OF OLAY OF OLAY MOISTURE QUENCH ON LGS AS THEY GET REALLY DRY AND IT SEEMS TO HELP .. GL ON YOUR JOURNEY :) KEEP UP TE GREAT WORK
  • saram21
    Options
    I ONCE USED THE EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR TYPE DIET, YES IT DID WORK BUT IT LIKE ANYHTING ELSE HAS TO BE A LIFSTYLE CHANGE. IT TELLS U WHAT FOODS WILL HELP U LOOSE WEIGHT, WHICH ONES WIIL MAKE U GAIN AND WHICH ONES ARE FILLERS (NEITHER HARMFUL OR HELPFUL) IF I WANTED TO STICK WITH IT AS A LIFE STYLE IT WOULD HAVE WORKED, IT JUST HAD TOO MANY THINGS IOVED LISTED AS NOT GOOD FOR ME, SO AFTER ABOUT 2 MONTHS I QUIT. I MIGHT PICK IT UP AGAIN! DEPENDING ON YOUR BLOOD TYPE U MAY JUST FALL INLOVE WITH THE BOOK. HOPE I WAS HELPFUL.

He did tell me about that one! I am actually going to check my blood type today!
  • saram21
    Options
    The sea salt idea is pretty cool.
    I have had a thyroid problem since i was 14....and not taking my medicine during pregnancy caused it to nearly shut down. blah. without insurance i cant afford the medicine either...blah.
    i have noticed myself craving sea salt, and i add it to everything i eat. i was once told you body craves things it needs...so maybe the sea salt does help. i like the idea. and it helps me not feel so guilty about the salt addiction,lol.

I would just be sure to use the sea salt form the health food store. He warned me to stay away from Mortons.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am going to look into the sea salt and iodine.

I have had hypothryoidism for over 10 years. I've had great success with following The Hormone Diet. It was written by a Natural Path Dr. who suffers from hypothyroidism and OPC.

It gets your hormones in balance and helps you figure out what foods causes havoc on your body.

Karen
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried organic sea salt and iodine for sluggish thyriod problems? I went to a pharmacy today. It was one for people searching for natural or homeopathic cures. I walked in to find something to help with skin elasticity so by the time I have lost all the weight I want to lose for my wedding (46 more lbs,) I will have firm looking skin. I have only lost 34 pounds and my skin isn't exactly snapping back the way it should despite my supplements and all the water and working out I do. I know that after losing 80 I am most likely going to need some serious help. The woman told me to rub egg on my problem areas. Um, no thanks. (Although for a nearly 50 y o woman, her skin was BEAUTIFUL.) I ended up with the second best option, a bottle of Aloe Vera liquid. Then the man working there pointed out that I looked like I had a thyroid problem. I laughed and asked if it was because I was fat, he responded that my large arms and brittle, easily broken fingernails are a sign of a thyroid problem. He brought out several books that supported his theory. I will admit, I was impressed. He suggested iodine and sea salt as a boost for my thyriod. I have done reearch on this topic and I think this just may work. Has anyone tried sea salt and iodine for thyriod or aloe vera liquid for skin elasticity?

Also, I am interested in a new diet called "eating your type." It is a lifestyle change based on changing your eating habits based on your blood type (A,B O, AB) Has anyone heard or tried this?

To find out if you have a thyroid issue and what steps to take if you do, you should probably go talk to a doctor. I do know a guy who has been following the "eating your type" diet for quite some time and he has had nothing but good things to say about it.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am going to look into the sea salt and iodine.

I have had hypothryoidism for over 10 years. I've had great success with following The Hormone Diet. It was written by a Natural Path Dr. who suffers from hypothyroidism and OPC.

It gets your hormones in balance and helps you figure out what foods causes havoc on your body.

Karen

what all is involved in the Hormone Diet? I've been thinking about switching over to something that would be better for my thyroid but I'm afraid its going to tell me I have to go gluten free... I can handle most anything but gluten free would be a pain in the *kitten* lol
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    The Hormone Diet is an eating lifestyle. Basically, it's eating clean and healthy.

After the first two weeks of detox, you figure out what foods your body does not tolerate.