Howdy Doo Everyone!

Options
My name is Francis and I'm tired of being fat. All my life I have been chunky and that is ok with me, but over the summer I had hit my highest in 10 years. As did my husband. We couldn't stand it anymore. Our problem...eating out, as often as possible. We love to try new places and have all 4 courses. At the end of the summer break, while our kids were in Miami for the summer, we starting watching what we ate. The pounds slowly started coming off, 10 lbs to be exact. No diet restriction, just calorie intake reduction. The trick for me to lose weight is a big lunch that would fuel me for the rest of the day. Then we went to one of those Diet Dr. Clinics and that has helped a bit. We don't feel any side effects, so I can't guarantee that it's working, but we are both doing a Keto diet. The pounds have been coming off really slow with the pill. I have lost 8 with complete diet restriction. I am terrified with what will happen when I introduce carbs back in my life because I am a bread, pies, cakes fanatic. Hopefully I can get some insight and inspiration here. Nice to meet all of you!

Replies

• Orphis
    Orphis Posts: 7
    Options
    hi Francis.. i am new too. I started here by accident i found this sight after or should i say while i was finding info on triglycerides. i as well am a carb person. it is amazing to me how quickly sugars and carb's add up. then i started at the "YMCA" in the water arthritis classes and stay after class for even more water aerobics. which allows me more to eat. see i had a cholesterol test and no one told me i could not have coffee with sugar in it b4 the test. ok i am also over weight and could afford to loose at least 70 more pounds however i fear loosing them and then gaining them right back. like i have done so many times before. i even had my stomach stapled once to loose weight. it didn't last 20 years later i had eaten my way out of it. as you can tell i don't type very well so sorry. good luck and the doc's always say 1-2 pounds a week is best for weight loss and better for keeping it off. so that is where i am going for now.
  • buchtucr
    Options
    Thank you for you story @orphis. I just discovered this part of the site as well. Hopefully with all the new people we meet, we will have inspiration. I could afford to lose 70 lbs from where I am right now, but can you imagine if I was smart and HOT? I don't know what I would do with myself. :laugh: I just started my goal small with something that is reachable and if I pass that great, if I don't I am totally ok with that too. Keep up the motivation. Too many people have been succeeding for us to fail!!! Nice to meet you by the way!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! :bigsmile:
    I'm sure you will meet plenty of motivational and supporting people here! I honestly can't wait for your success - and yep, it's a long. hard journey but it is so worth it in the end! JUST KEEP GOING!!
  • buchtucr
    Options
    Thank you @tamarakat! I look forward to the results for sure!!!
  • OneThrone
    OneThrone Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I want to get healthy and I know what I need to do. A lot of times I just don't do it because I am really busy or purely lazy. I said it, I'm just lazy most of the time. I have learned to love me for me, but this me isn't healthy. I'm just hoping to gain a few new friends that I can check in with from time to time. In the past my motivation stemmed from being young and keeping up with everyone. No one was going to look better than me. Now that I'm older and much less shallow, I have my kids, a career and a man that has loved me regardless of whether I was thin or super fat and now somewhere in between.

I'm looking for a new motivation and I think I find it in the company of people that are like me. Sorry for those who are already skinny I do look up to you, but in my mind you already crossed the finish line. I am open to your friendship too, however I would like to meet people that want to lose 150-50lbs and are really needing a friend to check in with as well - with no judgment. Anyone want to struggle together, 'til WE make it? I live in Minnesota. Even if we don't get together and work out, even if you don't live in MN, I would love to get to know you and share this journey...as long as you aren't a weirdo or a creeper. ;-)