Tried 6 wk 6 pack (Jillian Michaels), feeling defeated :(

Options
Okay...

I'm in my mid-30's and I've gotten WAY WAY WAAAAYYY off the even remotely active track. I was feeling motivated and popped in the 6 week 6 pack abs by Jillian Michaels.

I bought this DVD figuring I would focus on core strength along with lifting weight and a bit of cardio. In the past I've focused on cardio, or cardio and a bit of weights but tended to neglect my core.

I normally push myself to work at a DVD (I love em'!), doing the bare minimum of a move if I couldn't do the "normal" level. There were moves on level 1 of this DVD that I couldn't even do!

I know this feeling of....shame, defeat, deflation will pass but in this very moment I am feeling awful!

How did you start out? What did you do when you were at the starting line? How did you find your progression?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying it again a few times. It'll get easier.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good advice. :flowerforyou:
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    im almost through the 30 day shred and i started feeling the same way. the first few days were hell and i really couldnt do a lot of it. keep at it and it will start to become easier as you get stronger and more familiar with the moves :)
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others! Keep at it, and you'll get there!

When I first tried my stability ball dvd, I could only get about halfway through the 10 sessions! That was a couple months ago. Now I can through at least one 10 min session, plus do 30-40 mins of cardio on the ski machine (had to push to do 5 mins at first) and then 20 mins of yoga! But all that stuff was nearly impossible a couple months ago!

The other day I added 10 mins of a Julian Michaels dance aerobic thing on youtube, and I got through all 10 mins, but I didn't get any of it RIGHT! Turns out, I can't dance!!!!!!!! LOL
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    The first time I went to a training session at the gym (a year ago) I almost threw up. Now I can go 30 minutes on pretty much any cardio machine as well as lift weights. Last week I ran a 5K. Yesterday I took a hike that elevated 1000 feet over 1.7 miles and never got out of breath. It just takes time and repeated efforts, and it's worth it every step of the way. Never feel shame for what you can't do - only feel pride for what you accomplished!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    It is a very tough workout. I did it when I was fitter back the first time I joined this site and it whooped my butt. I had done the 30 Day Shred and find that easy so I was in good shape but the 6 week 6 pack was a killer.

Keep plugging away at it. You will get it eventually.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Do you have her Killer Abs video? That one isn't too difficult, for the most part. Maybe try that one, and then go back to the other one.
  • nicole_andan
    Options
    This morning I've just sat and watched the DVD. I'll be doing it later this afternoon. I'm working myself into it!
  • shedthespread
    Options
    i didnt like that particuar dvd, i really struggled. swithched to 30 day shred. love it...
    its about finding the one thats right for you otherwise your just gonna give up!
    change dvds and see the change in you

lets all support each other, my instagram: SHEDTHESPREAD
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish!
    Good luck!