Always going over on fiber... is this bad?

Options
I'm just curious if going over on your fiber amount on a regular basis is alright.... I try to eat a lot of fruits, which often contain fiber, and I'm wondering if I should cut back on them, or if it's alright to leave them as is.

:)

Replies

• catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It will make you regular.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Fiber is good, so no, it's not a bad thing.

Unless you experience GI issues, nothing to worry about.

Lots of fruit does equal lots of sugar though - so there's that.
  • Wauwa01
    Options
    I was always told by the doctor that fruit really just mulches down in your guts and the benefit is from the vitamins. Actual fibre comes from wholewheat etc. Its can only be a good thing, I would only change it if you had discomfort. My kids eat loads of fruit and they are never ill.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Lots of fiber is a great thing!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    MFP tends to set fiber really low from what I hear - consider it a minimum. Unless your tummy objects it is fine to go over.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I tend to find myself sleeping alone when I got over on fiber, so I guess this depends on your perspective.
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    lol depends on your body.. I ate over 60 grams today plus at least a gallon of water and I'm still ****tin bricks ...
  • PauliePCC
    PauliePCC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd say a good thing. I struggle to get enough fiber.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly positive that it IS a good thing! I wouldnt worry so much about it...
  • foxygoesfast
    Options
    Nope! MFP sets fiber goals super low, and as far as health goes, if you're not experiencing any digestive problems, more is better.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    mfp sets it pretty low. I double or more the fiber intake. I think it is a minimum. If you are going over ensure you are drinking lots of water. and cut back if you get tummy problems.