How do you count cals for Heavy Rope and Kettle Bell

Options
Workouts? I do an hour using the heavy ropes, kettle bell, TRX bands, lunges with weights and some step up etc. I would consider this cardio so would I count is as circuit training?? Any thoughts would be welcome.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Workouts? I do an hour using the heavy ropes, kettle bell, TRX bands, lunges with weights and some step up etc. I would consider this cardio so would I count is as circuit training?? Any thoughts would be welcome.

I would count it as circuit training.
  • bettyzing
    Options
    Cheers mate, that's what I figure too
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I might be wrong, but any lifting exercise that is leaving you breathing hard and sweating (like doing super-sets) I count that as circuit training. I mean if you are doing sqauts super- setted with lunges or kettlebells, you are burning calories!
  • bettyzing
    Options
    Sure felt like something was burning! Thanks.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm inclined to say circuit training but it really depends on how you're stringing the moves together. When I get to banging those the things around I can barely last 30 mins or so, much less an hour
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I always put a lower number, if I lifted for an hour I will put 20 minutes circuit training. It worked for me last time I was on this site. but people who say you get no calories burned from strength training, I strongly disagree with that.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I would multiply your body weight in kilograms by 6 or 7 and that would be close to calories per hour burned.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM to approximate it. I know it's not really intended for that use. Your workout sounds a lot like what I do with my trainer. She says 400 to 500 calories an hour which is right where my HRM is as well. MFPs circuit training is about 15% higher than that for me. I record and eat back 70% of those calories.

Some days my workouts are less intense and my HRM reflects that. So while I know it is off, its working for me.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the ropes damn near kill me lol
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Circuit training