which scale should I buy?????

Options
emisaurus
emisaurus Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm still pretty new here. Anyways I want to buy a scale so I can keep track of my weight progress. I want a really high quality one that displays pounds and is exact enough to include decimals. Obviously I don't want to spend a huge amount of money though. Can anyone suggest a brand or type of scale to me? What do you use? Thanks to everyone who replies.

Replies

• Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I found one that goes to 11 lbs and it does grams which is very handy. Its a Hamilton Beach. Its very accurate too. I had a coupon for 20% off. It was definitely worth it. I didn't realize how much my guesstimates were off.
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor Digital - it measures weight to the 0.2 (tenths) of a lb. seems to be accurate with the balance scale at the gym. It is fairly inexpensive. One caution, when the batteries start to drain down the scale can read low - one time I thought I was doing way better than I really was. I put new batteries in and I was back on track (darn it)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    i have a digital scale. It doesn't take batteries, and it is also consistent with the scale at the gym. I've had it for about ten years and it works perfectly for me.
  • atlcajun
    atlcajun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a Jenny Craig one. I really like it.
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor brand as well, this one to be exact:

http://www.taylorusa.com/weight-management/glass-electronic-scales/glass-lithium-electronic-scale.html

I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $25, it weighs up to 440lbs and measures to .2 of a lb. So far, it seems to be working well for me.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm still pretty new here. Anyways I want to buy a scale so I can keep track of my weight progress. I want a really high quality one that displays pounds and is exact enough to include decimals. Obviously I don't want to spend a huge amount of money though. Can anyone suggest a brand or type of scale to me? What do you use? Thanks to everyone who replies.

I got a cheap crap Taylor at Target that worked just fine. I've since replaced it with the Fitbit Aria but that one's pricey.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I found one that goes to 11 lbs and it does grams which is very handy. Its a Hamilton Beach. Its very accurate too. I had a coupon for 20% off. It was definitely worth it. I didn't realize how much my guesstimates were off.

Yours sounds more like a food scale.
  • yckarenchen
    yckarenchen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought this one from Amazon:
    Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like it than my older ones because this one let you just step on without tapping it first before scaling.
    Anyways good luck!
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Yours sounds more like a food scale.

I'm so glad you cleared that up. I saw 11 lbs. and thought, "What in the heck is she eating to weigh 11 lbs???"
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't have it, but this is the one I wish I'd had back before I got so close to my goal.
    http://www.target.com/p/fitbit-aria-wi-fi-smart-scale-black-fb201b/-/A-14263197?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|14263197&CPNG=Electronics&kpid=14263197&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14263197&gclid=CM7z9tOLqbkCFWpp7Aod5xwAQA

It's called the Fitbit. It has wireless connectivity so you can synch with all of your "i" products to track weight, BMI and body fat %. I can't tell you how many times I forgot either my weight or body fat % by the time I got to my computer to log it. It will cost you a pretty penny for something so small, but if you've got a a good bit to lose or intend to focus on body fat or building muscle, it's a great one to have.

14263197_121008123000.jpg
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I bought this one from Amazon:
    Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like it than my older ones because this one let you just step on without tapping it first before scaling.
    Anyways good luck!

I have this scale as well... I can't stand the numbers it gives me lately, but that's my problem not the scales. It works great.
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    hi i personally love my homedics electronics healthstation 540 stainless steel scale that i got at bedbathbeyond 4 60bux.
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/homedics-heathstation-body-composition-scanner/120813?categoryId=12361
    but u can also get it at amazon 4 60bux n here are the amazon reviews 4 it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Homedics-SC-540-Capacity-Composition-Scanner/dp/B001E5DVZQ
    anyway its very accurate w bmi n weight n still has not broken after like 3 years so ya.
  • BDailey55
    BDailey55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a Weight Watchers Digital Scale....
  • sirenn9
    sirenn9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought the Aria Fitbit scale a couple weeks ago- I LOVE IT. A little pricey but I highly recommend it!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Also got the Eat Smart from Amazon. I think it was $28 or in that range and free shipping. It arrived quickly, set up easily, and it works like a dream. Weighs in increments of 0.2 lbs. Great scale.
  • marysidneyherbert
    Options
    I have had the same EatSmart Precision Plus one from Amazon for two years and it has been perfect.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I've had a thinner scale for 10 years. It still works great, and I weigh the same amount (within a 2 pound range) every morning. And the same amount if I weigh myself a few times in a row (just to test it). It's nothing fancy. Just a regular digital scale. I bought it at Bed, Bath & Beyond (with a 20% off coupon).
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ain't no body got time for scales!!! check yo self in reflection of car window lololol
  • rsalty
    rsalty Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Get one that sits still well, and you don't mind leaving it where you can use it. If any move around, the numbers move around too. At fraction of a pound precision, where you step on it, what is under it, and if it's tilted can make pretty big differences.

I personally get the most *useful* information from a sewing tape. But I do have a WW scale from costco that I use for watching my hydration and keeping weight records, and before that used an el-cheapo electronic fat percentage reading one.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers digital. very accurate so far. I love it.
This discussion has been closed.