Hi..I'm new, Chubby, and looking to lose it!

Options
Hi there..I detest exercise, and I hate diets.. So here we go right! lol.. No seriously. I'm trying to change my lifestyle, but its been blarghish this first day.. All I think about is what I Can't eat.. and what I can't have.. which is just ridiculous..I'm trying to think thin, but right now I'm just thinking gripey..lol.. Anway, Just joined here today.. Look forard to being a part of the group!

Replies

• JennJones15
    JennJones15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The first week was definitely the hardest for me! I was soooo grumpy, that the girls at work told me to 'just eat something and be happy"! haha! Fortunately, it became easier, and in three weeks, I've lost 15 lbs!

I have faith in you and know you can do it too! So let the FUN begin! :laugh:
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello!

It does get easier, and you will have good and bad days. Just make sure the good outlast the bad! We are all in this together and every little bit of support helps!

:flowerforyou:
    Kelly
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome rockstar! We are here to support you! I find there is just about a replacement of everything you are probably missing. It takes awhile to get used to, but always keep your goal in mind.

Let us know if you need anything!

Take care gorgeous.
  • Dammitviv
    Options
    Welcome! And stop worrying about what you can't eat, diets that say you can't eat what you like never work. Give logging everything (seriously everything, even that handful of pretzels you nosch while cooking dinner) a shot, you might find that you don't want to eat as much when you have to admit you had 'that'. I hope you find the right way for you to drop the pounds and get healthy. Fell free to add me as a friend if you want a little extra support.
  • mykaar74
    Options
    welcome, and congrats on taking the first step to healthiness. what you will find here is support, motivation, and inspiration. if you are looking to be on a diet, well you may not be yet ready to lose the weight the right way and keep it off (don't mean to sound offensive). the way to look at it, and the way alot of MFPer's look at it is as a whole new lifestyle. Losing weight requires healthy choices all the time. Exercise can be in a nice 20 or 30 minute walk, vigorous housecleaning, or something that will keep you moving for atleast 20 to 30 minutes a day consistently. Once again you have to change your way of thinking losing weight is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Goodluck on your journey, & feel free to friend me for support. Or read some of the other blogs and you will find ppl on here whom really speak to what you are looking for.
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Totally! I don't even considor logging my calories a diet! I just keep within my limit and make room to eat a special treat when I want it, or I exercise it off! This is a great site and will help a lot if you can get into it!
  • kcshep
    Options
    Thanks for the Support Everyone! glad to be here, and a part of everyone's journey!
  • bandchick
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I myself have only been on for a few weeks. So far I love the site. You can really eat whatever you want but the one thing you just watch out for is calories. Sometimes when I see something that I know I shouldnt have I just think about the calories it is and what I would have to do to work it off. After the second week it was easier to say no. I was even at four birthday parties and was able to stay on track. A little bit of cake isnt terrible just ask for a little size or share it if you have a significant other. Think of it also as a money saver. One dinner out meal can actually be two or three in the long run for you. If you need some tips hit me up. I lost 50 lbs before and I am back on cause of being in a relationship I gained 9 back and Im going for being two pounds under my old weight. Good luck girl.