goal: 20 pounds by new years.

Options
over the past few years i start out each year great with my diet (watching calories and workingout) and am able to lose 20-30 pounds between january and May, then i typically maintain that weight through the summer and then between september and end of december i gain 10-15 pounds back.
so I am taking 2 steps forward and one step back.
well this year i don't want to take that step back, I am trying to re-motivate, re-focus, and re-start the weight loss.
My progress towards goal starts NOW.
My goal is to lose 20 pounds by New years - i don't want to set my goal to high, because i don't want to set myself up for failure, i know i have a lot of obsticles over the next couple months (8 birthday parties, thanksgiving, kids halloween candy, hunting season which comes with fair amount of alcohol at night, and four family christmas dinners).

I could use some more friends for motivation and accountability that are on a similar journey (friend me).
i am looking forward to not have to make a New Years diet resolution in 2014.

Replies

• RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It's a great goal, and completely doable!
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a very similar goal so I'm in too! Good luck to everyone who's trying for 20 by New Years!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    yes! when I joined in june 20lbs by the end of the year was/ is my goal! I doubted myself but its September and im half way!
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!!
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im in.
  • ElmiMN
    Options
    I'm in to drop the 20 pounds as well! Feel free to add me. I am only on day five of my journey and I would love support! :)
  • ferky1
    ferky1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. However, I must tell you that I have a very difficult time losing weight. I have only lost 8 lbs since April and I will be getting back surgery in September. But I would love the challenge. So here I come.:smile:
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i'm In...not for twenty though just 10...you should start a support group!
  • AmandaCabell
    Options
    This sounds awesome.... 20 lbs by New Year!! Will get me to within 10 lbs of my ultimate goal! I am in!! More motivated now than I have ever been!!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Last summer, I dropped 20lbs & gained it all back by New Years! So this summer (started mfp again 7/6/13) I've dropped 15lbs & now have exactly 20lbs to go! I hope to drop this weight by New Years! I eat so well during summer then when fall hits, I'm a mess. I hope to continue the momentum into September! I feel like if I do well in Sept, then I can continue to do well into the holidays. Anyone can feel free to add me, my diary is open & I login daily. Good luck & we can all do this!
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    so I have created a group page so that we can have discussions and encourage to motivate each other over the next 4 months.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16313-20-by-new-years
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfect!! I'm in!!!! Thanks for starting the group!