I'm new and this site is great!!

Options
Hi Guys,
I've been logging in for a week now and this site has done wonders for my mood and determination. I'm not only new to this site but also posting. I've seen the term "bump" used on this site a lot. What does this mean?

Replies

• paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 3 and it took me until last week to figure it out. If you "bump", it puts the topic & all the posts in your message boards/My Topics section so you can easily find it later. For example, if you see a post from someone with great "exercises if you have 10 minutes" & you want to be able to find it later, if you type "bump", you will find under your section of "My Topics". Not sure where the word bump came from (other than it bumps the post to your topics) but it works for me!

Good luck meeting your goal!
  • sullydog101
    sullydog101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The way the forum works is posts that don't have activity get moved to the bottom, while posts that are frequently commented on stay at the top. When someone simply posts "bump" they are essentially trying to keep the post active so it doesn't get buried under pages of old posts.
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    So glad you asked the question of what a bump is...I had no idea!
    Good luck with your weight loss.
  • Marciatr
    Options
    and what happens when you accept a friend request. what information is shared?
  • Marciatr
    Options
    and what happens when you accept a friend request. what information is shared?