HRM brands

Options
Your favourite HRM? Bands, prices, locations to buy?

Looking to buy one. No idea where to begin.

Replies

• austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Polar F7 on amazon for $110 worth every penny! Has a very comfortable chest strap and easy to use watch :)
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    $110!! Oh boy.. poor college student was hoping to spend no more than $20. I was wrong about this one!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Save up the money and get a Polar. I have a Polar FT4 from Best Buy for $75. Polar has the chest strap and I did a lot of research before I went with Polar. I love it. Mine does not tell me distance but it does tell me calories burnt and when I am in the target heart rate zone.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline duo 1010 and haven't had any problems with it. It tells me cals burned and I love it. With that being said, I do wish I had bought a Polar just because they have RAVE reviews!!! My sportline was $65
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M4. I really like that it comes with an inbuilt personal trainer. I wear the watch part of it most of the time as my regular watch and in the morning it tells me if it is training day etc.
    i got mine free with frequent flyer points.

all i can say is Ebay! Perhaps someone has given up their diet and is getting rid of there's.
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    I was reading up on the Polar F7 and it appears that the battery is hard to replace? Does anyone else have that problem with theirs?
  • seven8seven
    seven8seven Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 - $119 from the Polar website ... box includes watch, comfy chest strap, and transmitter! Invest in a quality heart rate monitor! I also was hesitant to purchase because of the price but when I found it I knew it was perfect for me! It's pretty simple not complicated like some other they have..i saw some for over $500 !! crazy!! But yes Polar HRM are the way to go! I love mine and I'm glad i didn't settle for a cheap inaccurate one! You get what you pay for and I highly recommend a Polar HRM!
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    okay i will definitely consider them. thanks for the info guys!
  • noura80
    Options
    I love mine too but I have a similar model to yours (mine's FT4)
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options
    Bought my Polar FT4 on amazon.ca for $83 (including shipping) and I LOVE IT!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it. I've changed the batteries myself with no problems. The FT7 has the ability to connect to a Polar app for tracking calories, etc - for me it wasn't worth the extra money.

I bought the FT34 for $62 and free shipping from here: http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4m-silver-h1.html
    The FT7 from the same place sells for just under $77.