6 lbs in 8 days

Options
So from last Saturday morning to this morning I've lost 6 lbs. Am I overdoing anything, underdoing something, or its just a good thing not to be overanalyzed?

Replies

• likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your first few weeks you will lose quickly.. this is VERY quickly, but may be a lot of water weight. Just don't get discouraged when it slows down to the normal 1-2 pounds a week.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Have you been feeling.....regular? :)
  • PinkLotus4
    PinkLotus4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention, but the exact same thing happened to me...I joined last Saturday and this morning after my weight in I lost 6 pounds....5.9 to be exact....the past week I stopped eating junk (mostly) salt and way less sugar and I started to drink more water....so I personally think that most of it was water weight....since cutting off salt my body let go of all that stored water...lol
  • jessiefied
    Options
    If your new to weight loss its normal for your body to loose a lot in the first couple of weeks. It will slow down. Do make sure you eat back some (maybe around 1/2) of your exercise calories.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    happened to me too but now I'm at the steady 2 pounds a week. it's still a beautiful thing.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary I think you need just a bit more calories. I;m not sure where you were before you started this but you never reach 1400 calories and sometimes barely 1200. This type of eating is a bit extreme unless you sit in one spot all day long doing nothing lol
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    no seret you are undereating. meh, maybe being a bombshell takes alot of calories!:noway:
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've been off and on diets for the last 22 years, but havent tried anything recently. I also have lost 2' off my waist an .5' off my hips.
  • MsMimidoll
    Options
    I looked at your diary I think you need just a bit more calories. I;m not sure where you were before you started this but you never reach 1400 calories and sometimes barely 1200. This type of eating is a bit extreme unless you sit in one spot all day long doing nothing lol
    no, I'm a busy SAHM and usually burn several hundred calories exercising a day
  • 1dce
    Options
    Exactly I'd up the calories a bit at least 1600
  • MsMimidoll
    Options
    Exactly I'd up the calories a bit at least 1600
    even though MFP set me at 1280? Sorry, I'm just new to this
  • MsMimidoll
    Options
    Have you been feeling.....regular? :)
    lol yup
  • 1dce
    Options
    they do that as a base without the extra calories u burn off it's intended to change if u actually do something. If u notice as you log exercise your calorie limit increases for this reason.
  • MsMimidoll
    Options
    they do that as a base without the extra calories u burn off it's intended to change if u actually do something. If u notice as you log exercise your calorie limit increases for this reason.
    yeah, and I've seen the debates about eating your exercise cals back. I sometimes eat them back, today I ate about half of them. But I guess I do need to eat a bit more. But a lot if times I feel like I need to cut stuff out.
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    yeah, and I've seen the debates about eating your exercise cals back. I sometimes eat them back, today I ate about half of them. But I guess I do need to eat a bit more. But a lot if times I feel like I need to cut stuff out.

eat back your exercise calories, at *least* half of them. I eat about 80% of them back because i love to eat and also because i'm on my last 5 lbs of weight loss which is extremely hard. But it's true, eating back your exercise calories will fuel your workouts (and will help you make this a lifestyle rather than another diet...)