Good 20-30 Minute Workouts?!?!

Options
I'm in need of a new workout. I have been doing Jillians 30 day shred for the past couple months and am getting pretty bored with it! Looking for any other short workouts that really get ya sweating! Any suggestions?

Replies

• kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know these are a little old but I really like "The Firm" series of exercise videos. I have always been able to see results when I am doing those (now if I could just stick with them!)
  • firstcampgirl
    Options
    I was going to suggest the Jillian 30 day shred. I have that one and a few others, I try to change it up because it does get boring. I have also done the Jillian 30 day shred with the sound muted and played other music so it seemed less horrible.

I just started couch to 5K because I have never been a runner but would like to try. Good luck!
  • kmarowski
    Options
    Chris Freytag total body sculpt, or any of her workouts! Total body sculpt incorporates hand weights for toning & intervals. It's very difficult to get bored with any of her workouts, especially if you mix them up.
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The first biggest loser workout with Bob has 4- 20 to 30 minute workouts. It is 2 cardio one strength and a bootcamp. A very good workout and quick.
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    Jillian's other DVDs - the Yoga Meltdown workouts are around 30 mins, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism are longer (45-50 mins) but they give you the option of picking circuits to do. I've also been trying some of the "10 Minute" workouts. They have a bunch of them on Netflix to watch instantly. I did the 10 min legs workout on the kickboxing dvd and it hurt to sit the next day. Talk about an intense 10 mins!
  • elysium2699
    Options
    If you are a Netflix subscriber they have a lot of workout videos you can watch instantly... I'm a faithful Jennifer Kries Pilates follower, but when I get bored I browse netflix for something new. This way I don't have to spend money on DVDs I'm not sure I'll like, they are available right then, and I never get bored. There's a lot of options from kickboxing to dance - I have always read the reviews when choosing which one to try, but have found that everyone is different and its best to try them out and be my own judge. If you are not a Netflix subscriber, try asking around... my friends swap fitness DVDs from time to time and try to do them together. Something about having a friend there makes things a lot more fun, even if you are doing the same workout you've been doing for months!
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout DVD - the workout [minus warmup and cooldown] is 27 minutes long.

Also...I'd recommend going to Bob Haper's website - he posts different weekly challenges that can be combined into a workout and they're pretty tough :)
  • mykaar74
    Options
    have you tried Power 90, or any of the beachbody dvd's? they have some nice workouts about 30 minutes
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Jillian's other DVDs - the Yoga Meltdown workouts are around 30 mins, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism are longer (45-50 mins) but they give you the option of picking circuits to do. I've also been trying some of the "10 Minute" workouts. They have a bunch of them on Netflix to watch instantly. I did the 10 min legs workout on the kickboxing dvd and it hurt to sit the next day. Talk about an intense 10 mins!

I haven't tried those 10 min videos yet, but I will now!

I HAVE done the Crunch videos (Netflix instant), and their a bit longer, but I love them. They have dance cardio, yoga/pilates...love it. The time flies.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    P90x and TNT are pretty awesome. If you are a cable subscriber, usually there are tons of 15-30 min workout videos On Demand. They focus on whatever area you want. Not sure on the type of workouts you want or your target areas, but Quick Start Pilates is a low impact that is supposed to be really good. And as mentioned, look in Jillian's other workouts. Or, what I have done in the past...take an existing workout and intensify it.
  • carold
    carold Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone Walk DVD's. She is actually doing low impact areobics..
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Beach Body's Chelean Extreme program are all about 30 minutes. Also Turbo Jam is a good one. TurboFire is the new Chalean Cardio program available. Go to beachbody.com and check it out
  • malave
    Options
    Billy Blanks tae bo dvd video workout es awesome is only 35 minutes and it's work!
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love the Kettlebell work outs - they last 20 minutes or so and boy do you feel it when you are done (and the next day). There are many different DVD's, each focusing on a different area. By using the weight and by being in constant motion you also get a good cardio work out.
  • miss_amy
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series. I seriously feel it in every muscle when I'm done! There are ones with and without weights and last anywhere from 20 mins-50mins. Highly recommended!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion of Turbo Jam. Yes, Chalean Extreme has shorter workouts (I currently have that program and am in the Push Phase) it is targeted on strength training. If you are looking for cardio and strength, Turbo Jam is a better option.
    It has 5 different workouts of varying lengths (one is 20 minutes, and is still an incredibly calorie burner) and is a tad cheaper than some of the other programs. A GREAT starting point.

I have several of the biggest loser workouts (and much as I love the show) however, I find them boring :)

I don't do Netflix, but I DO have FitTv and they have a lot of 30 minute programs, as well as a ton available on Demand on most cable providers.

Good for you for wanting to mix it up when you get bored, and not just quitting :)