20 lbs to lose - Looking for friends!

Options
asyouseefit
asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi guys

I have trouve writing everything in my diary because I only have a couple of friends. I need to build a real community here if I want to stay accountable... Please, feel free to add me! I'm 35 years old, mum of 1 adorable boy, teacher, TV show addict and cat lover. :)

Replies

• akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    im trying to start a group to try to motivate each other
    my goal right now is to lose 20 pounds by new years.

i am 30 year old mom of a 3 year old. i work nights as a nurse.

feel free to add me as a friend
    and join the group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16313-20-by-new-years
  • lilliann7877
    Options
    you sound just like me and I also want to lose 20 lbs. I am 37, a wife and mom to a 4 yr. old boy. I am having a bad week since I was away and cheated a bit. Trying to get back on track and not let it get out of hand. Could use some motivation and new friends too!!
  • alycekay
    alycekay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I have two beautiful boys, I'm a teacher, and I've struggled off an on for several years. I'll be happy to add you.
  • Dessiyoga
    Options
    Hi,
    I have the same goal, feel free to add me. I am 37 and have three boys.
  • r_balogh
    r_balogh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you're Looking for support feel free to add me, however remember no one can motivate you like you can. You have to want it and be dedicated to achieve your goals. Having friends to throw in a good job now and then does feel good though
  • vestres82
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm 31 years old and a mother to a 2 1/2 year old. I'm trying to lose 30 pounds. I'm starting to hit my pregnancy weight and it's not looking good. feel free to add me.
  • Pcv04c
    Pcv04c Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here! 33 years old. I keep coming on and off MFP because I also use runkeeper. But I really need to log my food so I'm going to make an effort to be more active in here. Feel free to add me, I need friends to help me stay on track.
  • Maia_Maker
    Options
    You can add me - I'm also looking to lose 20lbs
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 pounds to lose to get to my goal, at the end I will have lost 108 pounds total! Anyone feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • pjreber
    pjreber Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do you add friends- not sure how to do that. Help?
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    my total goal is just under 20, feel free to add me
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose about 20 pounds, maybe 15 not sure right now lol. I'm 5'3 (and a half, yes that matters) and 144 pounds. I started at around 177-180 a year ago. Feel free to add me ladies!!
  • Hungry_Gurl
    Hungry_Gurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 32 a wife and mother of 2 boys. Just getting back into this and ready to get in shape!
  • SimpleLux
    SimpleLux Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm turning 40 in November and want to lose 20 lbs! Looking for friends in similar situations to help motivate each other! I have 2 kids, ages 7&8 and never lost the baby weight!!!
  • caseybrobinson1
    Options
    I am 34 years old and mother of 4. My youngest is 14 months old. I would like to lose 15-20 lbs by next March(wedding to attend)! Feel free to add me!:) I need motivation. I weigh 145 but I am small framed and would love to get to 130 at least!
  • flomo1979
    flomo1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am within 15 lbs of meeting my maintain weight goal! Feel free to add me as a friend also! I have a small/supportive community of friends but the more the merrier!
  • CharliLarlie
    CharliLarlie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

I have trouve writing everything in my diary because I only have a couple of friends. I need to build a real community here if I want to stay accountable... Please, feel free to add me! I'm 35 years old, mum of 1 adorable boy, teacher, TV show addict and cat lover. :)

I'm a "3 score + 6" years young mum and grandmum who loves to knit, crochet, ride a bike, dance and play pickleball. I, too, want to lose 20 pounds by "whenever they disappear." I know what to do, but, like you, might fare better if I had a group who were on the same path as I am. So, I will join your group. I'm not on any real diet, just eating smaller portions and increasing the amount of vegetables and fruits I eat.

I eat breakfast every day and have been preparing "muggins" for breakfast every other day. I have been using a recipe, which I alter to my taste from NanaClare's website. http://www.nanaclareskitchen.com/2012/02/24/cinnamon-muffin-in-a-mug/ It is really good, but had too much cinnamon for my taste, so I don't add as much cinnamon. Also, I omit the flour, since I ground the flaxseeds and steel cut oats to make flour. I use almond milk or greek yogurt and add a dash of almond extract, the kind without corn syrup. I don't add sweetener, but use applesauce and/or a mashed banana instead. I use Nana Clare's recipe as a guide, but I play with it until I get it to taste the way I want. Some days, I put it in the oven while I shower, and by the time I finish, it is ready to eat. If you cook it in the microwave, it is faster (about 90seconds - 2 minutes) and "springier." Tastes good either way to me.

Looking forward to a group of "20 downers!"
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 40yr old mum of 2 age 4 & 6 and I'm trying to lose about 20lb or so. I'm on here everyday and now that the kids are back at school making an effort to shift this spare tyre once and for all ;0) x
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    HI I am Andrea (despite my profile name!!) originally looking to lose 22lb now round about 16lb but not doing very well at this. I am 43 and work in Adult Education feel free to add me.
  • CharliLarlie
    CharliLarlie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How do you add friends- not sure how to do that. Help?

One way is to click on the person's name. When you do, it will take you to their page and you can add them as a friend.
This discussion has been closed.