How Much Calories Should i eat

Options
Hi Guys i am 99Kg 178cm Male with 40% Body fat(I know bad).I have been exercising for last 2 months but previously i have been sedantry.I have set my MFP setting as 0.6kg loss every week which means i have to eat 1710 calories per day.Can you guys give advise whether this is fine for me as i am confused as certain BMR Calculators say that i should be eating 1910 - 2100 cals based on the method used.And i have read that you have to eat atleast your BMR Daily as it is important to maintain body functions.FYI i have lost 5.6 kgs at 1710 cals/day in last 3 months.Your help is appreciated and thanks in advance

Replies

• Spinalcord12
    Spinalcord12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well I used to be far heavier than you and only like 5cm taller.
    I was 309lbs so 140kg.

I managed to cut around 60lbs in the first 3 months of my weightloss routine.

I only ate like 1400 calories a day though. It was extremely low and it made me tired all the time but I managed to pull it through.
    It will probably destroy any muscles you have and harm your body but its one viable method.
  • IndoAussie
    IndoAussie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks SpinalCord. I am not in a hurry to lose weight as i want this to be a lifestyle change so dont mind eating weight loss being slower.What i want to know is how much calories i should be eating every day to get a 0.5kg weightloss per day but still feel allright.Presently with 1710 calories most days i am around the mark and i eat 4-5 times/day but feel full and not hungry.But i heard you have to eat more than your BMR to sustain it.
  • Spinalcord12
    Spinalcord12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should aim for 1850-1950 calories for 6 days a week then have 1 day where you allow yourself to have maybe an extra 200-300 calories?

That way you should be able to maintain it for a relatively long period of time.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys i am 99Kg 178cm Male with 40% Body fat(I know bad).I have been exercising for last 2 months but previously i have been sedantry.I have set my MFP setting as 0.6kg loss every week which means i have to eat 1710 calories per day.Can you guys give advise whether this is fine for me as i am confused as certain BMR Calculators say that i should be eating 1910 - 2100 cals based on the method used.And i have read that you have to eat atleast your BMR Daily as it is important to maintain body functions. FYI i have lost 5.6 kgs at 1710 cals/day in last 3 months. Your help is appreciated and thanks in advance

It sounds like it is working for you. You're losing almost 2 kgs a month, which is a pretty good rate. Just keep tracking it and keeping an eye on this.

What kind of exercise program are you doing? Type, frequency and duration?
  • IndoAussie
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    Presently I am doing on an average 40 minutes cardio/2 days and 2 days of weights for 30 minutes(with 15 min cardio).
    I am mainly focussing on diet at this stage.
    Also I prev message I meant 0.5 kg weight loss per week
  • IndoAussie
    Options
    An y other thoughts regarding which of the 4 methods of BMR calculations works for you?