NFL season is here..........and so are bad eating habits

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
I love NFL football! I'm sure many here love it too, but unfortunately many aren't very disciplined when it comes to football Sunday's eating restriction. Remember that it's about the game and not about consuming loads of calories to have a good time! You can still eat sensibly and enjoy foods with a little help from exercise and intake control.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    I am ready! Pumped up that the Niners look even better than they have the previous two years!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I was about to flip out and say why do you have to eat badly to watch football!

If it helps anyone, if I am at some kind of party and there are lots of different things to try I will take tiny bit (like a bite) of the things I want to try and then go back and get a little more of the things that were my favorite.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    UW v BSU game tonight. . . .totally pumped, but also very nervous, because everyone is coming to my house, with all their nastily amazing football fatty goodness.

I can make sure the snacks I provide are healthy, but the rest is where the self-discipline comes in, and old habits are hard to break. I think the hardest part is remaining mindful of what you are putting in your mouth instead of just grabbing and grazing in between plays when your mind is on the game and interacting with your guests.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Stock up on healthy nibbles ... Carrot batons, celery, cucumber sticks and low calorie humous, dips .... Then sit back and enjoy the game :-). Oh and don't forget the low cal soda and lime with ice and a slice !!
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Believe it or not, its not about the snacking with me...its the liquid calories. In my time zone most Packer games start at noon which is prime time for a couple Bloody Mary's. Then move into a few craft beers with high cal shots for TD's (and with Aaron Rodgers, you know you are gonna do quite a few).
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Believe it or not, its not about the snacking with me...its the liquid calories. In my time zone most Packer games start at noon which is prime time for a couple Bloody Mary's. Then move into a few craft beers with high cal shots for TD's (and with Aaron Rodgers, you know you are gonna do quite a few).

Same here. It's the fall craft beers that kill me too!

(Go Patriots!)
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Come on footie fans - get into the game and enjoy .... You could sub the beer for vodka ;-)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Will be eating 40 wings from hooters every sunday

go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    I seriously love wings! I'm thinking I will treat myself to say 6. I think that's a small enough amount I'll be fine. The rest of the treats will be celery dipped in wing sauce so I can still enjoy the "burn". Go Pack go!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Jumping up & down off the couch, yelling at the top of my lungs at the iodiotic plays/calls/fouls, holding my breath during dicey touchdowns, and slapping my hands over my eyes on some scary a** plays are ALL part of my calorie burn for my "rest Sundays".

Don't mess with my food too or I may have to slapyaupsidethehead silly. :bigsmile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Anyone cave in yesterday during college football games?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    I will not eat sensibly; I'll enjoy myself and eat and drink as much as I want. YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I will not eat sensibly; I'll enjoy myself and eat and drink as much as I want. YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO

This...:laugh:
    tumblr_lm832jFZZ81qii6tmo1_400.gif
  • Being a Packer Fan I can sure pack away the cheese during games. I usually try to focus on the game and fantasy football to keep my mind off of it or chew gum. I got the packers to beat the patriots in the super bowl (no bias). Anyone else care to share SB picks?
  • I saw on pinterest some healthy game day recipes. like buffalo cauliflower instead of buffalo wings and stuff like that.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    (no bias).

hahaha
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    buffalo cauliflower instead of buffalo wings

yuck.gif