Want to get in shape after stressful year :) Add me!

Options
I had a very stressful year, full of pressure so I started to eat tons of junk food, chocolate, cakes, crisps and that stuff. So I gained on weight... now I feel bad, not sexy and even ugly and fat with comparison to my friends. Sometimes I don't want to go to the party or take the photos because I feel so uncomfortable with myself. So I decided to do something with my weight, now I want to exercise and eat much more healthier than before :) But my biggest problem is motivation... I've tried eating less and healthier and exercise but after 2 weeks I've lost my motivation, nobody encouraged me to do this still and I had no help. I found this site and I hope to find people that will keep me inspired and motivated. :)

Replies

• ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It can be very stressful starting over make a motivation wall in your house somewhere, that you will see everyday . Log on here every day talk to people! Ill add you and try to help you on your way.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp i'd be glad to help you
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Let's be friends!
    Yesterday I came back to MFP after dropping out earlier this year; mainly because I wasn't getting enough support/
    encouragement from all of my friends here. I have 100+ pounds to lose so you can count me in to help you.
    I don't do pictures at all of myself, so I hear you loud & clear in that area too. MFP is the only place where I have a
    picture of myself posted; because I hate how I look in pictures.
  • stargazr246
    Options
    Congratulations on your resolve to lose weight. It can be really hard when you don't have any encouragement. I wish you the best !
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The support on this board has made the world of difference. Having other to cheer you along in your progress will for sure help you.
  • leslilippthomas
    Options
    Feel free to add me I love to encourage and receive encouragement :)... I haven't been a member long, but am addicted to this site.
  • kiesha_hargrew
    Options
    I fell off for a little bit after a few stressful months but, I am back and ready to prove all my nay sayers wrong please feel free to add me I can always use extra motivation.
  • EnjoyYourJourney
    EnjoyYourJourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This site is a great tool to help you lose weight, I lost 20lb previously at a 1lb a week :) I took a break over the summer and gained 5 back, but O'h well!!! It'll be gone again soon :)
  • mince18
    Options
    Thank you all for so many nice words and encouragement :)
  • reds_1
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I've just started back today after dropping off over two years ago. I want to get rid of some pounds and would love to both motivate and be motivated to do so! It's good to find someone in a similar position. We can help to focus each other through. Good luck!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Please send me a friend request! I've been doing MFP since Feb 2010 but have had a very stressful year (mom had cancer) and I too feel off the wagon, eating tons of junk & not exercising much since the end of May. For the last 8 weeks I've been having back/hip issues as well and am very sore most days but am at least out walking again and plan on getting back to the gym now.

I've gained back 20 of the 50 lbs I lost but have recommitted as of Sept 1st so please anyone, feel free to send me a friend request and we can help each other get back on track!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello, know it's easy to lose your motivation without good support around you. Add me and I will give you that push you need when your feeling down..
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Please send me a friend request! I've been doing MFP since Feb 2010 but have had a very stressful year (mom had cancer) and I too feel off the wagon, eating tons of junk & not exercising much since the end of May. For the last 8 weeks I've been having back/hip issues as well and am very sore most days but am at least out walking again and plan on getting back to the gym now.

I've gained back 20 of the 50 lbs I lost but have recommitted as of Sept 1st so please anyone, feel free to send me a friend request and we can help each other get back on track!
    [/quote
  • evjohnson1990
    evjohnson1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I have been living abroad for 2 years and it was tough and sometimes lonely and I didn't like my job so much and worked stupid hours so I did exactly the same and feel exactly the same.

Feel free to add me and we can both work towards a better, healthier, happier, SEXIER year ahead :)
  • mince18
    Options
    Now i feel really positive about starting my new healthy life and figt for getting in shape again! :)