NSV Literally a notch in the belt

Options
So, it's been about 5 month now since I've started on my weight lose goals, and I'm so thankful for having MFP as a tool to help me track everything. When I started, I was in need of a new belt, as my belly was stretching out past the last hole. I'm happy to report that I am once again in need of a new belt, but this time, it's on the other end. I've made a temporary fix and added another hole (#6) and will go shopping for a new belt soon, or add another hole i guess. :)

8942841083_dda034b447.jpg
Another notch in the belt by pacres, on Flickr

Replies

• nkoconnell
    nkoconnell Posts: 34
    Options
    Yay!
  • DisneyLuvnGal
    Options
    Woohoo!!

I started the same way! And have opted to keep the belt :D I have made a whole bunch of new holes now at 100lbs down from my original starting weight. It's become almost like a trophy! I still have 60ish lbs till I am at goal I can imagine by then it will wrap around me maybe.
  • DarrenFlyGuy
    Options
    I might frame it or put it somewhere as a reminder once I hit my goal. :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a good feeling. I recently got back into a belt I haven't been able to wear in about 15 years. Buckle up!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I finally hit the last hole in the belt I've been wearing for years today. Every time I go down a notch, it feels like a little victory. Also grabbed a shirt out of my closet that I bought knowing it was too small a few years ago... It fit *AND* it actually looks good.
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome feeling isn't it? Congratulations on sticking with your plan and reaping the rewards. I have a similar story and I decided to keep the belt until I am at my goal weight. I am about to add another notch n it to tighten it up even more! Keep up the awesome work,.
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing! that's better than the scale telling you you have lost! have fun shopping!
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is a good feeling to run out of notches! I would also keep that belt were I you, to show yourself how far you have come :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!