I'll tell you what....if this doesnt work for me im d-o-n-e.

Options
i've got a wedding to get ready for....but way b4 this time came i've wanted to reverse my weight gain. Im fresh on this website and need some STRICT motivation and insight. the main thing is me finding a decent size variety of recipes. Any encourages out there? Think i can lose 15 pounds in 4 1/2 months? HELP!!!!

Replies

• iAlly
    iAlly Posts: 66
    Options
    Sure you can lose 15 that's perfectly doable!

500 calories of exercise a day would do it even without a huge sacrifice on food.

Good luck
    Ally
  • iDreamNEON
    Options
    As long as you have the motivation and you give it your all you can definitely lose 15 pounds!!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    You can do it. Just keep an honest log of your food and get your body moving. You can do this.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Girl you can so do it....when you get frustrated close your eyes and imagine yourself at the ideal weight. As for recipes try these websites:
    http://www.sparkrecipes.com/
    or search hungry girl on google, she is great and shows you how to switch foods out that taste the same but are better for you.

I have 100lbs to lose so add me if you need some motivation cuz I need some too :blushing:
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Of course it will work, I bet you'll lose way more than 15 lbs in 4 months. You can do it!!!!!! This site will definitely work for you......... people swap recipes all of the time, so hopefully you'll find some variety.

Good luck on your journey :-)
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    YES YOU CAN LOSE 15 POUNDS IN 4.5 MONTHS! That is Less then a pound a week! I would weight in every other week so that you see significant weight loss.

Try eating this way:
    8:00 Breakfast (300 cals) 2 eggs, fruit and 1 piece of toast
    10:00 Snack (160 ish cals) i eat the atkins bars, they are amazing, they taste good, and they curb your chocolate sweet craving, or applea and peanut butter or a ziplock full of veggies and low fat dressing
    12:00ish Lunch (300 cals)
    2:00 snack (160 ish cals)
    4:00 snack (150 ish cals)
    6:00ish Dinner
    8:00 Glass of milk

off to bed...an you won't feel hungry!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i try to automate my menus as much as possible. everyday i have almost the same breakfast and lunch and just my dinners and snacks change to keep things interesting. breakfast is always a cup of cheerios, a serving of fruit and a cup of 1% milk. lunch is a turkey sandwich and veggies. snacks...i;m addicted to fiber one chocolate peanut butter bars (90 cals) and i do fruits, veggies, triscuits with a laughing cow cheese wedge. dinners (my favorite) i have worked hard to find lots of recipes that are good and good for me and i highly recommend the Biggest loser family cookbook....delicious stuff for all meals and obviously good for you. also i recommend going on foodnetwork.com and looking up a chef name ellie krieger, her show was cancelled but her recipes are there and she's a nutritionist and does great things. also i get things from the dr. oz show website and from hungrygirl.com and a few have come from mylifetime.com (they had/have, i assume it's cancelled, a show called cook yourself thin) you can go through my diary and if you have any questions, hit me up. you can do 15, no problem. the first few weeks should alone get you pretty close because you'll probably lose a lot of water weight at first.
  • lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Be true to your goals and you can do anything! Good luck - and remember we're here for you!
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't say you're done. You can do this, the internet is a great source for different recipe sites. ou can find diet recipes o n most of them. I am trying to eat all fresh fruits and vegetables not canned. They taste wonderful and I think it's a lost less expensive. Don't quit 4 1/2 mos is a long time and you can do this.
  • mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ms. Johnson you know you can do this!! just take it one day at a time dont get anxious pace yourself & be consistant by february 19 you will be the most amazing bride in that smaller dress!!! watch & see!~
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    ...i;m addicted to fiber one chocolate peanut butter bars

Me too! I have one every morning! SOOOOO good!!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Only YOU can make this work for you. It's not easy but it's do able. I've lost 17 pounds in 2 months. Just set your mind to it and no excuses.

xoxo
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs in less than 2 months so YES YOU CAN!! =;)
    I have found when I put time limits on myself in the past, I would always fail, this is true for me, maybe for you, time limits are what motivate you. I do know though, how it feels to know you are losing weight even if noone else knows you have or are. So my point is as long as you give it some honest effort by the time the wedding rolls around, if you have begun to really give it a chance and chage your eating habits and put in some honest workouts at least a few days a week, you will feel so good about your efforts it really won't matter what the # on the scale says! This website is AWESOME I cannot express that enough so LOG IN EVERYDAY. Be honest with your Food Diary and get in some walking or whatever you enjoy doing and you should have no problem losing 15 lbs!! GOOD LUCK
    If you'd like send me a friend request and I'll check in with you to see if you needd any help on here. =:)
  • MrsRios
    Options
    Yes you can do it girl but you have to do some kind of work out and drink lots of water I thought I couldn't do it but I have lost almost 20 lbs in 2 months. And forget the scale i go by dress sizes and measurements, weight in every 15-20 days.
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    You can do amazing things in 4.5 months. I have only been following MFP for a little over a month dietwise and I am down 16 pounds already! Loving it! I have a long way to go still, but I am super excited about my progress and my future.

If you need a cheerleader on your side, count me in!