Morning Energy Lacking

Options
Absolutely no energy in the mornings, going upstairs I often feel weak and out of breath. I've been taking iron supplements to see if that would help but it hasn't. I'm usually ok a couple hours after breakfast but I hate feeling so weak in the mornings. Any suggestions out there???

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    See a doctor
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Get some blood work done...CBC and a chem panel would be a good place to start. Don't mess around with your health when your body is giving you these signs.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a good breakfast? Are you taking vitamins?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others - you should get checked out. You shouldn't be that weak in the morning, and it shouldn't take a couple hours after breakfast to start feeling better.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no energy in the mornings, going upstairs I often feel weak and out of breath. I've been taking iron supplements to see if that would help but it hasn't. I'm usually ok a couple hours after breakfast but I hate feeling so weak in the mornings. Any suggestions out there???

I know this is a basic question but how much are you eating in your daily diet what is your calorie intake daily. Sounds like you are running on empty until you get some fuel with breakfast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    See a doctor

This
  • All4Norma
    All4Norma Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 120 pounds and average about 1,560 calories a day. Not looking to lose anymore weight just maintain and have been for awhile. I take daily vitamins and eat breakfast everyday, usually cereal, sometimes oatmeal with fruit or toast with an egg. Today I woke up a lot less weak so I need to think if I did anything different yesterday/last night than usual. Thanks guys, I'll see how it goes and then maybe talk to my doctor.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat more before bed.