Any shorties who are open for support!!

Options
Hi guys! Im 5'1 and looking for some people in the same range as me!
What are your goals? What are your stats?
I am extremely small boned also, ring size 4!
It's very hard to explain to people how one pound on me is so much more than one pound on a 5'5 person!

Friend me if your up for a shortie like me as a friend !

Replies

• RedScathach
    RedScathach Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" as well. It is always hardest when I start out with exercising and watching my calorie intake because it ends up being such a numbers game for me to find balance. I have about 85lbs to lose, I have only lost a lbs. but I have lost 1-2 inches off the body when I measured today so I am satisfied with that so far. I know I always gain when I start strength training so I am trying not to let it bother me.

I try to eat 1200 to 1400 calories, it varies depending on how hungry I get - but a few years ago I lost best when I was eating 1400 calories and working out at least 45 minutes a day, so that is my aim! Shooting you a friend request and feel free chit chat if you need to :)
  • estelamdo
    Options
    I am also 5'1" and I know how you feel. Whether I gain or lose, people always tell me it looks like I've gained/lost more than that. I stay between 1200 and 1400 cal, exercising for two to three hours, six days a week with two hours of strenght training and a rest day. :)
  • MerdiJune
    Options
    Hi, other 5'1 ladies :) I'm currently at 140, and I'd like to be at 110. I eat around 1200-1400 as well. Feel free to add
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 4'11. I am at the tailend of my journey but still plugging away. I started at 160lbs and am now at 126lbs (technically still in the overweight range for my height). My goal is between 110-115. I eat between 1300-1400 cal per day, sometimes 1500 if I exercise more than I anticipate.

Feel free to send a fr. req with a little note :) Always open to new friends.
  • bb1266
    bb1266 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'0 and also extremely small boned. My ultimate goal is 95 lbs. My lowest weight recently was 98 but I'm back up to 101 at the moment.
  • bethjpsu
    bethjpsu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi - I totally understand- 5'0" - I feel like an ounce on me is a pound on someone else... It shows immediately in my gut- nowhere to go - currently at 136 - 12# down - about 15 to go!!! this time I want to keep it off as well... feel free to add me - always looking for more support - will support you right back :) be well.. hugs
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, another shorty here at 5'2". I'm 108 pounds (not looking to lose anymore, but I've been there - twice - down from 145). I know how hard it is when you're vertically challenged. Feel free to add me if you like. In my experience a 1200-1300 calorie diet worked really well and I'm not a heavy exerciser. I do continue to meticulously measure everything on a food scale since there is so little room for error! Maintenance calories are around 1700 but I do eat more on weekends/super active days.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 4'11. My current weight is 59.7 , my goal weight is to get down at least 5 kilos.. My starting weight was 65 kilo by the way.:) I eat around 1200-1300 in a day without exercising.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    5'1" on a good day :) I just recently started again at 173, wish to be 120. I don't count my numbers too precisely but I log between 1200-1500.
  • fingerpaintedsmile
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 89kg... can't believe I let it get this far! Feel so gross and ready to get my sweat on. So wish spot reduction worked because I'm chest-heavy and it affects my ability to do anything too vigorous - too much back and shoulder strain...

Was 64kg a few years ago but since being diagnosed with PCOS I've gained a bit and hoping to get down to 60 again :)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    5"3 here! My weakness is the occasional junk carb binges that I fall into.. now trying my best at keto.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 with a six inch wrist. I totally get what you mean when you talk about how one pound can make a difference on small people. :9
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    love shorties lol
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", probably older than most of you (I'm 42, almost 43), and have NO idea what to eat to lose weight. I've been trying to figure it out all week. I started at 154.4 and am now 153.2, the highest weight(s) I've been in a few years, despite years of "trying to lose weight" through a variety of methods.

I am hearing the most success stories through people who eat 1200-1400 a day. It seems so little, especially if you exercise. How do you do it without being starving all the time? Does your body get used to it?

YET, when I figured out the whole TDEE equation, it leaves me with 1500-1600 calories a day which may or may not work. I'm scared because I've gained quite a bit of weight in the last few years and REALLY want to make sure I pick the right number to lose.

I run a few times a week, but am not always consistent. I have a job where I do walk quite a bit but am also sitting for long periods of time.

So I'm still trying to work it out. 1500 calories a day? 1200? Somewhere in between? What about 10,500 calories for the week (1500 x 7)? Ugh.
  • Nicoleace22
    Nicoleace22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'2 and I've been losing between 1 & 2 lbs a week. It could be because Im so heavy, 220. But I stay between 1200- and 1400 most days. I also circuit train 2-3x a week as well as combo of squats, pushups, situps right after I brush my teeth each morning. Usually about 5-10 mins worth. Total exercise time each week is 60-90 min total for the week.

It works. Be diligent in logging exactly what your eating and cut where you can.

Feel free to check out my diary.
  • meskew87
    meskew87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Also short! (5'2) I have a hard time reminding myself that each pound is more significant at my height than at 5'6 or 5'8 like many of my friends. I used to aim for 2 lbs a week weight loss but thats really just not realistic for someone my size. Instead, I aim for 1200-1300 cals/day and work out consistently. The weight is slowly, slowly, slowly coming off and it gets so frustrating at times!
    I lost my first 15 lbs pretty fast, the last 4 have taken ages, and I have 15 I still want to drop. Any advice on what has worked for people to get rid of their last few lbs would be awesome because I'm struggling!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am also "petite" with a 5 inch wrist. And older my slowing metabolism gaining a couple lbs a year and suddenly not seeming able to take it off- my advice is a. acknowledge that it will be slow and you are in it for the long haul. It took me six months to lose 4 lbs !!!
    B pick a number probably the higher one and try it for a month- if it is not working subtract 10 % and try for a month it will take time!!! C. You need to exercise
    Good luck
  • Division12
    Division12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me, me!! I'm 5'1, 158. Hoping to get down to 120. Feel free to add me, I offer a lot of support :-)
  • Kukenan
    Options
    I'm in for some support! either giving or receiving. Feel free to add me :)
    I'm 5'1 and downt to 139.3 from 156.5. This is the thinnest I've ever been, but I still have some lbs to lose. The first 13 lbs fell off very fast, but since then I've stagnated a bit :( . I did manage to get into a size 6 jeans the other day! I still can't believe it!
  • GeeksRfit2
    Options
    What a great topic! I was just saying to my husband how hard it is to be so short (5'2") and to weigh more than the 5'7" and 5'9" folks! I'm working hard and seeing results, but its slow and seeing real differences takes so much time. I do have a goal weight, but more than that I have a goal size - I've lost 2 pants sizes, almost one more, and want to lose one more after that. (I'm a pear, so of course I focus on my lower half!).
    I started at 186 and am now about 30 lbs lighter...with about 30 to go. Y'all friend me if you want - I'm in it for the long haul.