Help!!!

Options
I just bought a coffee and put my almond milk in it...it looks like it curdled...but it's almond milk...so can i still drink it even though it's curdled?

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink it. Even though it's almond milk, spoiled food is still spoiled food. Almond milk really only keeps for 7 to 10 days after you opened it.
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    it curdled in the coffee the actual package is fine..i looked it up an di guess it happens when you heat it too quickly...but it doesnt say whether you can drink it anyway lol
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hmm... it should be okay then, but I don't know if that would change the taste at all. I've never tried putting in in coffee or tea. You could always try it and decide if you want to drink it or not.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    it's not spoiled, and it's totally safe to drink. it's only separating like that because the brand you got most likely doesn't contain any lecithin, which is what would hold the milk together. it's nothing to worry about, a lot of recipes even call specifically for curdled almond milk as a replacement for buttermilk.
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mirjaam
    Options
    It curdles because your coffee is too high in acidity. Try a medium or darker roasted kind of beans. I had the same problem. It's not unhealthy to drink, it only looks bad.