my mfp anniversary

Options
One year ago today I decided I had had enough and started on my weight loss journey. Day one I had 1600 calories and went over frequently for the first few days/weeks but as the weeks went by, and the lbs started to fall off I've slowly decresed my calories(goal settings according to my weight) and I'm currently sitting at 1350 a day and honestly have trouble getting there sometimes. I've learned a lot being on here and from the pals I've grown to care about. I am honestly happy when they exercise, I'm proud when they're efforts are validated. I'm proud when "so and so completed their diary and was under their calorie goal".
My weight loss to date is44.5lbs. In perspective, that's more then my 4 year old daughter... I pick her up and she's heavy to me and I can't believe that I was perpetually carrying her around at all times.
I just wanted to say Thank you to MFP and my friends on here and in my real life. There have been times when things were not easy, or pretty, or fun but day by day I stuck it out and i'm so proud that I did. I look a lot better and people I see on a rutine basis but don't really know/talk to are starting to notice ,and let me tell you that's a great feeling.
My journey does not end now that I've hit a year. My journey does not end because I've lost some weight... my journey continues because i'm feeling great and healthy and enjoy exercise and the foods I eat and want that to continue for.... ever.

Replies

• nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • ivetteo21
    ivetteo21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can achieve anything you put your mind, body, and soul into! Keep up the awesome job :)
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Congrats on your journey so far :)
  • piggyb73
    piggyb73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm pretty happy and excited so I wanted to share and inspire maybe? good luck in your journey too
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!