Mexican Spaghetti Squash Casserole!

Options
Wefita
Wefita Posts: 91 Member
1 whole Spaghetti Squash maybe 2 if it is smaller. You usually want about 3 or 4 lbs of it. (cooked) (I poke holes in it with a fork and microwave it for 8-15 mins depending on its size, you want the spaghetti squash to feel soft on the outside. You can Google how to cook it too. Once it is soft I let it cool for about 10 minutes, then cut it open vertically. First thing you want to remove all the seeds. They look like pumpkin seeds. After all the seeds are gone, take a fork and start shredding the meat of the squash. I put it all in a big skillet. If you have any other ?'s about cooking the squash let me know, I know it can be confusing and time consuming the first time you cook with it.)

1 can of Yellow Sweet Corn kernels
1 can of Black Beans
1 cup of feta cheese
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 cup of salsa,( I like pace in this dish the best)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 tablespoons of taco seasoning

Topping:
1 cup of Reduced Fat Four Cheese Mexican blend

I get a large skillet and turn the heat on medium and let the olive oil heat up.
Then add the squash and the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT the Mexican cheese.

Preheat oven to 350

I let the skillet cook about 15 mins, stirring occasionally.

Pour mixture into a baking dish, 13 by 9 is the size I use, but whatever you got will do fine. Then I top off the casserole with the Mexican cheese, and put it in the over for about 20 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly! It is called Mexican Spaghetti Squash, I came up with this one on my own, and I eat it a lot for lunches so you can see the nutritional info on my diary :)

It is so good!

I usually have like a decent square size, (about the size of a big piece of lasagna and it is only 217 calories, and 9 grams of fat:)

Replies