(Survey) Counting Calories is Cool with me But...

Options
...What if you eat Raw most of the day and then eat, lets say, Some Panda Express Later??? Im asking this because Today I had a green smoothie thing morning and watermelon and grapes till I got home. I made my EXTRA LIGHT Whole Wheat Tortilla Pizzas and That didnt do the trick, I was Craing PANDA EXPRESS like a MUG!! SO I Got my High-Calorie Fave Bejing Beef and my Low Calorie Fave Terikaki Chicken and some Steamed Brown Rice. I Divided my plate into half (Half a serving of each Entree' and 1 cup of brown rice). Now...I could DEFINTLY eat the other half hands down...But Like If I ate it (Whick I didnt) Im not sure if Id even care because I ate raw till 5:30 PM and I just dont think the body processes those clean foods like they do processed foods.:drinker:

SO, the question is this: Would you have felt guilty eating the ENTIRE plate of Panda???

1: HECK YEA!!!
2: Ummm...a little but Ill get over it...
3: Imma eat this and just cut calories or do an extra work out tomorrow...No Biggie!
4: Life's too short...EAT UP!!!

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the last time that I ate at Panda's; no cravings for it. But I hope that you enjoy it.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    i pick #2. I would decide to eat it and enjoy it, and then no biggie, just eat a little lighter tomorrow.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    IMO, guilt shouldn't be a part of a healthy relationship with food. I eat whatever I want as long as it fits within my calories, and sometimes even if it doesn't. I meet my macro goals overall-- some fluctuations here and there, but it averages out over time. I choose what I eat, I choose how closely I want to stick to my targets, and I choose not to feel guilt about eating food, ever again. It's worked great for me so far this way.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If it fit in my calories, I'd just enjoy it.

I gotta know, why do you think raw/unprocessed foods digest differently from processed foods?
  • narsgirl79
    narsgirl79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    IMO, guilt shouldn't be a part of a healthy relationship with food. I eat whatever I want as long as it fits within my calories, and sometimes even if it doesn't. I meet my macro goals overall-- some fluctuations here and there, but it averages out over time. I choose what I eat, I choose how closely I want to stick to my targets, and I choose not to feel guilt about eating food, ever again. It's worked great for me so far this way.

True I stayed in my calorie Goal...which is pretty low. I work in a job where Im always moving and im running around like a chicken with my head cut off. So I dont feel major guilt... BUT when a person such as my self has a slight eating addiction (Im SUCH a FOODIE!!!) , you wonder if thats the Meal thats gonna make you say "The Hell with it!!! Im DONE counting Calories and Im gonna eat what I wanna!" LOL!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Ill usually work out and/or eat something light for my other meals. I feel very little guilt so long as I'm under my calories.
  • narsgirl79
    Options
    If it fit in my calories, I'd just enjoy it.

I gotta know, why do you think raw/unprocessed foods digest differently from processed foods?

Because the Human Body is Designed to Process Things given to us by nature...not things created in a Lab.Times have changed, but the Human body is still what it is...a Human body. When our body gets processed foods, it has to go through many Extreme changes just to regulate itself to be able to process it, whick causes major Stress to the body. Preservatives "PRESERVE" the things we dont want to be preserved (like Fat Cells, chemicals) and Slow the bodies healthy method of Digestion. Its sooo much info Im learning as I go on this Journey! All the peices make sense..thats why lots of people promote clean eating.

Im human and I have lived in my "foodie" world for so long...its hard to break bad habits! Im trying though...ill get there someday :)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I love me some Panda and get it maybe 2x a month so what I do is get what I like and eat a serving, count the calories and dont feel bad about it. I never eat all the rice the give.. I bring it home and weigh out 4 oz and save the rest for another meal or toss it.

My entrees of choice are the Honey Walnut Shrimp and the String Bean Chicken so even with a 4 oz serving of rice my totals are around 650 cal. It usually fits into my goal so I have nothing to feel bad about except maybe sodium :bigsmile:
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would just go ahead and eat it and not worry too much about it. I find that if I deny cravings they get worse until I eat everything in the house and then some. If I allow myself the food I really want at a portion that is satisfying I don't end up overeating. I would try to eat a little lighter or exercise more the next day though.
  • narsgirl79
    Options
    I love me some Panda and get it maybe 2x a month so what I do is get what I like and eat a serving, count the calories and dont feel bad about it. I never eat all the rice the give.. I bring it home and weigh out 4 oz and save the rest for another meal or toss it.

My entrees of choice are the Honey Walnut Shrimp and the String Bean Chicken so even with a 4 oz serving of rice my totals are around 650 cal. It usually fits into my goal so I have nothing to feel bad about except maybe sodium :bigsmile:

YES Girl!!! I get the Bejing Beef and a whole Serving is over 600 Cals!!! (I Divided it in half...lol!) That's why I just get the Terikaki chicken which if VERY low in Calories (Not drenched in sauce of course). Im not stressin...but I was just intersted to see the relationship people have with food...its varys tremendously as far as I can see (In general)
  • narsgirl79
    Options
    FUnny thing is I thought about eaing the other hald and doing some Zumba for an hour to make up for it! LOL! BUT truth be told...ive been working like all get out and Im tired...so imma just sit here sip on some water...lol!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options

YES Girl!!! I get the Bejing Beef and a whole Serving is over 600 Cals!!! (I Divided it in half...lol!) That's why I just get the Terikaki chicken which if VERY low in Calories (Not drenched in sauce of course). Im not stressin...but I was just intersted to see the relationship people have with food...its varys tremendously as far as I can see (In general)

Your post totally made me want Panda lol. I wanted it yesterday but had to weigh today... but I having hubby bring it home for me on his way home haha.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    How does one eat tortilla pizza RAW? And what does 5:30 PM have to do with it? Is clean eating like a day job? Are there overtime benefits?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I eat Panda and stay in my calories. :) I say, eat what makes you happy as long as you are sticking with your calorie goal (unless it is a cheat day :wink: )
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    huh?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    4. Always 4.

I do Panda (sweet fire chicken or orange chicken) every two weeks or so. Never regret.
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    No Panda here but I'll replace it with a generic Chinese takeaway. I make my own rice and just get the meal without it, there's enough sodium in the sauce never mind takeaway rice.

But I'd budget in a mushroom curry if I wanted to eat it, even if I had to exercise to keep a normal deficit. So 3.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Number 5. I don't understand what the raw and the 5:30pm factors into anything? And if you're within your goal, I don't understand the problem at all? If you were within your goal, why would you be working out/eating less tomorrow? Burning a zillion calories doesn't magically make food more raw (since that seems to be the issue-maybe). And if you are in your calorie goal, you don't need to be burning a zillion calories to make up for a non-existent overage.

I'm so confused.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure what's going on in here?

The only thing I feel guilty about, regarding Panda, is that I don't eat two large containers of orange chicken at a time anymore. You know, from the "feast".