Bacon Festival

Options
j75j75
j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
That's right, BACON FESTIVAL. Everything BACON. I'm going to eat so much BACON it's ridiculous. Anyway I'm heading to one right now in San Jose, CA. Around where I live we have festivals for everything; BACON festival, garlic festival, Thai festival, etc. Anyone else have similar festivals in their area???

Replies

• spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    You should buy this shirt at teefury.com today (they do one-day sales) to wear to your festival.

1377024199_b-MCO-Bacon.png
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    That's weird, it must be a layered image. Too bad, it's a cool looking shirt.
  • j75j75
    Options
    You should buy this shirt at teefury.com today (they do one-day sales) to wear to your festival.

1377024199_b-MCO-Bacon.png

"Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever spider pig does" :laugh: :laugh:
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    In for bacon. Mmmmmm......BACON!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We have the following festivals: strawberry, banana, salsa and tamale
  • j75j75
    Options
    We have the following festivals: strawberry, banana, salsa and tamale

MMmmm tamales :smile: :smile:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrbz19Y9jq1qm3nlgo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mc1ebqRBCh1qhpbiuo1_500.jpg

In for Bacon LUV
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'd be down with bacon. We have Seafoodfest and Q-Fest (BBQ). I love going to both :)
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here in Quebec, we have the poutine festival. A poutine is a dish that contains French fries and cheese curds in a gravy sauce. Sounds gross but lots of people are crazy about it!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go to a Bacon Festival.
  • j75j75
    Options
    It was the first bacon festival here, so they had a few hiccups. Notably, too many tickets sold, which led to overcrowding and long lines. Not a good combination when you have a lot of hungry bacon lover's. Hopefully they'll learn some lessons and do a better job next year :smile:
  • sgdenton
    sgdenton Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We just had a bacon fest, but it was really sad and was not as bacon filled as it promised to be :cry: We have a few other fests though that are cool, blueberry and popcorn are going on right now.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A neighboring town had one a few weeks ago (Indiana). Didn't go, but my mother-in-law and niece did.

sgdenton - Hi sort-of neighbor! I'm over in Hobart.
  • sgdenton
    sgdenton Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A neighboring town had one a few weeks ago (Indiana). Didn't go, but my mother-in-law and niece did.

sgdenton - Hi sort-of neighbor! I'm over in Hobart.

The one is Portage is the one I was talking about! Not terrible, but not as awesome as I expected.

Yay for another Indiana person :drinker: