ZUMBA

Options
Anybody doing Zumba? Going to pick up a class or two a week to help boost my cardio (I hate treadmill...)

Replies

• Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Love it! I went last night. I try to catch 3 zumba classes a week, Mon, Fri & Sat. One thing, some instructors are fast & if you loose your place just keep dancing don't stop. Hope you enjoy it, I enjoy it alot. It's a great cardio workout, well depends on how the instructor is too.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Zumba is soooo much fun and quite a good workout!! I highly recommend the class. I have been doing it 1-2 times a week, but am adding more classes to make it 3-4 times a week along with cardio in the gym and strength training. You will barely even know you are getting a workout!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi, my name is Susan and I am a Zumbaholic! Love my classes! I started with once a week and wanted more, so I bumped it up to twice a week... then that wasn't enough so I bumped it up again to three times a week and now, you guessed it, I am doing it four times a week.

I love the energy of the class and the workout. I love the residual energy that has followed me out of class and into my regular life. I feel so good and have begun on the journey to recreating this flabby body of mine into a scuplted work of art. I have a long way to do yet, but everyday is one step closer.

Enjoy your class!
  • gourmetgaljenn
    gourmetgaljenn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba!! Just be careful starting out. Watch your knees, back and neck. It takes time for our bodies to get used to moving around like that. lol
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    I don't think I've met anyone that hasn't enjoyed Zumba. If you are in a big enough city that has multiple instructors, I suggest trying a few different classes to find the right fit. Every class is slightly different, but the principle is the same....YOU MOVE, YOU SWEAT, and you SMILE WHILE DOING IT!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba!!! Had a class last night and got a great workout! Like someone else said, some of them can be face-paced and you miss steps; but keep moving and have a blast!!
  • jessicajm
    Options
    I can echo everyone else here and say I love ZUMBA! I also love the confidence boost I get from it. Something about latin dance, shaking and shimmying says Rawr! :bigsmile:
  • thenebean9
    Options
    Zumba is a BLAST! A friend of mine introduced me to it earlier this year, and i was hesitant, as i'm not much of a dancer...but i loved it from the get go, and was certified in july to teach zumba as well! i do zumba three days a week and will be teaching two more days starting in a couple of weeks! Zumba love!! :)
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    thenebean9, you sound like me :)
    I just found zumba a few months ago, LOVED it, and I am getting certified on Oct 9th.
    I go about 3x a week and have the DVD's (which are good, but in no way as good as the actual classes) to practice.
    Zumba is different from anything I have ever done before.
    I also just got certified in Turbo Kick. Group fitness is a whole new world (I am used to working out at home w/ dvds)...it's exciting and super motivating.
  • RLAL09
    Options
    I am juggling going to school, working part time, and trying to get fit. I have heard so many good things about zumba and i would love to try it! However, i do not have the money to join a gym or the time to join the classes they provide at the school because of my job. Does anyone know of an online website that would have a video that i could do?
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Going to my first live class tonight with a friend. Looking forward to it!
  • loriam1976
    Options
    Can you let me know if you find out a website that does it? I want to do it too, but I dont have time with a newborn, a 4 year old, and working full time.
  • Karmel1840
    Options
    I have taken a couple classes before until they moved the start time to a later time...(I don't time to hit a class at 6:30 or 7 pm on week day, I should be done by then not starting! lol
  • Karmel1840
    Options
    Just do a search for zumba...or look on ebay...the classes I have found are around $3 to $5 per class...so that isn't to bad...I saw some for like $10 a class..that a little too much...also yuo should check your school, alot of colleges offer it to students..
  • RLAL09
    Options
    the college does offer the classes however i work when they are in session, im going to try to c if there are videos on the web i just need to get moving!!! i tried a thing called p90x and quit due to no interest.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    the college does offer the classes however i work when they are in session, im going to try to c if there are videos on the web i just need to get moving!!! i tried a thing called p90x and quit due to no interest.

Check out the Shakira video for "waka waka" and try to copy the dance. Youtube has some good videos of people doing the dance on there.
    If you miss some steps, just laugh and shake yer bum! I had my first class on Sunday and it was fab.
  • MINIETA27
    Options
    Hi, My name is Maria, I 'm from Cuba, so Zumba is easy workout for me, I had the DVD from Zumbafitness.com look up for specials, you will love it!
    Good Luck!
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    Zumba is the ONLY exercise I do.... other than sometimes walking at night or in the mornings... But I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!! And since starting Zumba I've lost 20 lbs and like 10 inches... It's amazing!! I do it 3 to 5 a week.. Depending on my schedule for the week.. I work and go to school and just got married Sept 18th... so now taht the wedding stuff has stopped i'll be able to do it atleast 4 times a week... It's amazing.. and SOOOOOOO much fun!!!! I LOOOOVE IT!!
  • Karmel1840
    Options
    Well I am pretty excited to go again! YEA!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    I can echo everyone else here and say I love ZUMBA! I also love the confidence boost I get from it. Something about latin dance, shaking and shimmying says Rawr! :bigsmile:

Rawr is right!