Raw Vegan Weight Loss?

Options
How much weight is expected to be lost a month on a raw vegan diet?

(Doing it for the weight loss and the fact I want to be a vegan for the animals and my health)

Replies

• Rawvine
    Rawvine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. I've heard some people say between 10-20. Others have a few because they are losing inches. It is also said that the weight loss can be slow but it is permanent, if you continue the life style. Have you read any books yet?
  • KatNewby
    KatNewby Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm not a vegan by any means, but the meal replacement shake that I use and love is called RAW Meal by Garden of Life (I like the chocolate shake). It has really helped me on this journey and I will probably use it for the rest of my life. You may want to look into it because it is USDA certified organic and vegan, plus it's also raw (it hasn't been cooked past 105 degrees), so it's maintained all of the enzymes. (it sounds like I sell the stuff or something lol, but I don't.)

Trying to eat healthly has been difficult for me, because I find it hard to find the time to cook the foods I know are good for me, and frankly junk food is much more convenient on the go. So I drink at least 1 shake a day when I am in a hurry and just don't feel like taking the time to calorie count a whole bunch of foods to make a meal.
  • KairielNadari
    KairielNadari Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i put on weight at first, because im a binge eater, and dates... :3
    but even binging a bit i lost 400g in a week last time
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Depends how big your raw vegan is, and how long it takes you to eat him/her.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on your caloric deficit. Not what you eat. But surely cutting out cheese, milk, eggs, honey, dyes made from bug thorax, and any cooked foods will help keep your calories in check.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit, doesn't matter if it's raw veggies or donuts. You can be a fat vegan just as easily as a thin carnivore.
  • Hungry_Gurl
    Hungry_Gurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose weight fast on a raw vegan diet. I find the biggest problem with a diet so restrictive is that it is so hard to stick to. Good luck and more power to you if you can do it! I tried a couple times and couldn't make it past a week. It's hard constantly making one thing for the family and then something else for you.