*kitten* shaping :)

Options
Hey Everyone,

Quick question I was wondering if outdoor bike riding helps shape your glutes/bum/*kitten* ect? Because I've decided I'm going to bike to my gym everyday instead of driving :)

Ill still be doing my regular 'leg day' etc just wanting to know if biking will assist ;)

Thanks in advance :) x

Replies

• GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The quadriceps and hamstrings do most of the work when you ride a bicycle....but they are neighbors to the glutes :-)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You will feel the greatest impact in your glutes, quads and calf muscles.

Head for the hills, cycle in a high gear or cycle standing up to maximise the results from your time on the bike.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    "she's got the smoking hot *kitten* of an endurance cyclist"

-No one, ever
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I have to say, some of my endurance cyclist friends have the hottest arses I have ever seen. One of them won competitions...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,723 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off roller blading to the gym.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Squats make the most beautiful butts walking.

True story.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    "she's got the smoking hot *kitten* of an endurance cyclist"

-No one, ever
    IIKyGto.gif
  • bulletproofkasper
    bulletproofkasper Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off roller blading to the gym.

Haha it's 11kms each way of hills etc, roller blades wouldn't really be suitable lol :smile:
  • bulletproofkasper
    Options
    Probably should of added ill still be doing my normal 'leg day' etc just wanting to know if biking will add to it :happy:
  • zophiel67
    Options
    If nothing else, it'll amp up your cardio. Do some squats when you get to the gym and you'll be fine.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Probably should of added ill still be doing my normal 'leg day' etc just wanting to know if biking will add to it :happy:

what's your normal leg day? inquiring minds:smile: ...
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I came here for pictures. I am disappoint.
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    when I rode my bike 5-15 miles a day i had the best *kitten* in the world, my friends lovingly referred to it as the "thong *kitten*" I miss this *kitten* and there for must get a bike and ride ride ride it back! lol until then I ride at the gym...:)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    nice plan
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Squats make the most beautiful butts walking.

True story.

Totally cant argue with this statement. This is one of my links from "Yeah She Squats"
    shesquats_zpsfcfd9da0.jpg
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike to the gym often and it is good for cardio, and you feel like you are loosened up, but it does nothing for shaping the *kitten*.. do some squats, stiff leg deadlifts or lunges, and maybe some squats?
  • bulletproofkasper
    Options
    Wow so everyone has a different opinion haha, ill check back in a month and tell you if it assisted in *kitten* shaping ;)
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow so everyone has a different opinion haha, ill check back in a month and tell you if it assisted in *kitten* shaping ;)

well you really need a before and after comparison....
  • teralambert
    teralambert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are squats best for lifting and adding to the butt??? I don't want to waste time doing something that won't work. How many should I do each day???