Insanity - 2nd Fitness Test Results

Options
Hi All!

Feeling very demotivated after doing my second insanity fitness test yesterday. I had high hopes for this test as i'd stuck to the regime religiously, however i only managed to beat my original resultas on about half of the exercises, on the other ones i actually did worse! What's that about?!

Seriously consdiering jacking it all in now and just going back to the crosstrainer at the gym :sad: :sick: :ohwell: :grumble: :angry:

Replies

• RetiredNavy_CT
    RetiredNavy_CT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay much attention to the fitness tests, I look at more of what it's doing to the body. If I can see some change there then I know it's working, I don't need to do a few extra power jumps to tell me that.
  • cheers_b
    cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every day can be different - re energy levels, etc - so i wouldnt be too disheartened by your results from a single test on a given day. Like the guy above says- - how do you feel, look, etc? That can be the real positive result from all that hard work. Dont be rash and make a snap decision -- give it some more time- - if you enjoy it then keep on doing it - if not, then change. good luck. cheers b
  • Redwings9212
    Options
    When I did my second fit test I had to really push myself to meet the first test numbers and not to sound annoying but I forced myself to dig a little deeper and do a couple more.. I didnt get drastic numbers but I have lost weight so far so i know its working but you really cant get discouraged which i know is hard but if you can just get through this i know your not going to regret it, i love this program and how i find myself pushing myself to do more and go harder
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've just started but one thing I know for sure is that i'm not going to be able to match my initial fit test results next time because, to be honest, I cheated. I didn't quite know how to do those moves, didn't understand what "proper form" is, and I don't think even half of them counted. Just something to keep in mind, in case you're like me and improved on your form rather than your speed.
  • Redwings9212
    Options
    ive found it really hard to keep my core tight through most of the workouts if those little reminders didnt pop up on the screen or if i didnt have my bf yelling at me to do it to i really dont even have the thinking capacity while working out to think of anything other than to keep breathing :)
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Hi, you did awesome!! to get to 2nd fit test, a lot of people would have given up by now!!

keep going, you will get better, i promise.

i am here everyday, if you need a friend to cheer you on:smile:
  • hellynewman
    hellynewman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've just started but one thing I know for sure is that i'm not going to be able to match my initial fit test results next time because, to be honest, I cheated. I didn't quite know how to do those moves, didn't understand what "proper form" is, and I don't think even half of them counted. Just something to keep in mind, in case you're like me and improved on your form rather than your speed.

This is exactly, EXACTLY how i feel, i look at my first results and think 'how the hell did i manage all those?' but it's probably because i wasn't doing them properly! We've decided to stop insanity for now, mainly because the weather is still pretty nice so going to take advantage of that and run outside, we have all winter to be in the house in front of a DVD so going to start again once the darks nights and bad weather are here!