Calories Needed to Subsist (myfitnesspal vs. liverstrong)

Options
I am very happy using myfitnesspal, but out of curiosity, I used the livestrong BMR calculator and it says my BMR is 1816 cals, when myfitnesspal is telling me that is 1995 cals.

Big (daily) difference!

What to do? One thing I have noticed since I started two weeks ago, it has been way too easy to follow the 1500 cals. I lost lots of water weight the first week, because I switched to "good" food, I agree. But now I have stalled, I thought I was counting (and consuming) my exercise calories wrong, but now I am hesitant.

Help?

Replies

• gcedillo
    Options
    BMR vs RMR... wow, the more I dig the deeper I go.
  • Rivka74
    Rivka74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My difference was 1078 at Livestrong, and 1200 with MyFitnessPal, I felt I was starving all the time on 1078. Although, I manage around 1100 per day, I feel comfortable knowing if I reach 1200 it doesn't effect my outcome. Also the database for foods seems to be better with this site verses livestrong, in addition, I like that if you add a recipe it adds the nutritional value for you. I am not sure why such a difference but there's is a bit more extreme. I have been told by many that the BMR I was given now is more accurate for my age, weight, activity level, etc. If you start seeing results and are happy, be pleased you can expand your menu! Good Luck!
  • gcedillo
    Options
    I think what I'll do is to keep the BMR (myfitnesspal) figure, and not consider the 300 (average) I burn on exercise.