How many hours???

Options
sashaverlene
sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
Just wondering how many hours of the day you guys spend awake?!

For the early risers, how late are you able to stay up? Especially if you work nights!

I work nights and don't wake up until noon. After work, I usually work out and then stay up for the rest of the night until 4 or 5am!

I was thinking of waking up earlier in the day to get breakfast and my workout out of the way BEFORE work so I could just go home and fall asleep (if I can actually fall asleep), but I'm such a night owl that it makes me wonder how waking up sooner plus working out will affect my ability to stay awake at work, since I'm there most nights til 10! :yawn:

or will morning workouts give me extra energy for the day?

Replies

• DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm awake for like 16 hours a day usually.
  • nino07110922
    Options
    Up at 5:30 am, in bed by 1:00 am.

Morning workouts definitely give you energy throughout the day.
  • TomDonis
    TomDonis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm awake for about 19-20 hours a day.
    I got to bed between midnight and 1am, and I get up at 5am.
    I do an hour of exercise, coffee, take my time and get to work about 7/7:30am, and get home between 6-9pm depending on the day. Then I do another hour (minimum) of exercise.

Rinse and repeat.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm probably awake anywhere from 17-20 hours/day.

morning workouts are where it's at. totally gives me energy throughout the day, and puts me in a good mood. doubling it up with an evening workout to exhaust and allow for better sleep for a few hours is nice too.

but yeah, morning workouts are awesome.
  • pennelope515
    Options
    I'm only up about 16hours a day :( I am exhausted if I don't get 8 hours of sleep a day.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter too (8p-8a) and I usually log 5-9 hours of sleep depending on my day. If its a day off, them I'm up early and in bed late. I don't get to stay on my night schedule all week.

Morning workouts are a good thing... but I tend to have higher energy and can push harder if I workout in the evenings.
    You gotta find what works best for you!
  • LilithElina
    LilithElina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:45 am and do a small workout, i.e. yoga or pilates, and when I get home around 7 pm I go running twice a week or do some other exercises. I go to bed around 10 pm already, though.
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I recently switched from working days to working nights, and found that my hours spent awake have reduced. I am naturally a night owl, so I would wake up at 7:00 AM every day and then go to bed by 2:00 AM when the day was over. I was usually so tired after only getting 5 hours of sleep, that I found it hard to fit in exercise. Now that I am working 3:00 PM to midnight, I find myself getting at least 8-9 hours of sleep per night. I usually exercise as soon as I get home from work and then usually get some housework done before going to bed around 3:00-4:00 AM. I find it hard to exercise as soon as I get up for the day, because I hate the idea of getting all hot and sweaty before I face the day. I like to exercise and then wind down.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm awake about 14 hours a day. I can't even imagine how trashed out I'd be if I was one of the people who only gets 4 hours of sleep a day. I just wouldn't function. :yawn:
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am awake for 16 hours per day :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm awake about 14 hours a day. I can't even imagine how trashed out I'd be if I was one of the people who only gets 4 hours of sleep a day. I just wouldn't function. :yawn:

Me either! My birth mom is one of those people. She just pops up after 4-5 hours as fresh as a daisy. It always amazes me. And she doesn't even drink that much coffee. I'm up between 14-16 hours. I love my sleep. But I don't have kids and I work from home, so it's a bit easier for me to sleep longer.
  • lmckillo
    lmckillo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am awake for about 16 to 17 hours per day when I am on days or my days off. When I work night shifts it is closer to 18 to 19 hours per day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:30 am, in bed by 1:00 am.

Morning workouts definitely give you energy throughout the day.

i would die!!!!

i am up at 6.30am, asleep for 10.30pm!!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Up at either 5:30 or 6:30 during the week (usually 8am on weekends) in bed during the week at about 11pm, weekends depends if I am working or not! So from 11pm to 2/3am. I sleep terribly though, think I had about 2/3 hours last night, gym was tough this morning!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Awake about 4 or 5 am then bed at about 1am.
  • ishkabob
    ishkabob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm always up at 5.45am for running on weekdays, in bed by 10.30pm / 11pm at the very latest. On weekends I try to have a lie in but my body seems to think that 7am is late enough, so I'm usually up and about then otherwise I just feel lazy! Bed time varies, but to be honest I struggle to stay awake past midnight most weekends.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm usually awake for about 16 hours a day. I'm trying to get up earlier but with 2 small kids it just makes the day feel SOOOOO much longer. :yawn:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Barring illness, 17 - 18 hours awake per day is typical for me.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I usually only get 4 hours kip due to working 6-6pm but my jobs about 40 minute drive and hour and half on the way home, if the pay wasn't so good I would get a 9-5 job and get 8 hours! lol