Sugar intake always high!

Options
My sugar intake is always high when I eat natural sugars (yes I know they are the same thing) like fruit etc but low when eating cr** like sweets or chocolate! It drives me mad. Are people as bothered if they go over when it's the healthier option?

For an example, a few days ago I had chocolate and some Turkish delight and my intake was not that high but this morning I've had half a small Galia melon and a small peach and I'm already over by 7g!

Replies

• tinyteapots
    Options
    Sorry forgot to ask, what is your target for sugar in grams? Is mine set to low, or too high!? Mine is 26g
  • amyelnash
    amyelnash Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mines set at 24... after breakfast I at 32, which has left me with -8 for the day.

now im not a fan of sugar, I dont have any in the house, i never eat sweets, chocolate or add it to coffee ect.
    Luckily Ive never had a swet tooth, so cake like deserts are a rarity.

for breakfast I had,
    organic semi-skimmed milk at 14...
    porridge oats at 1 ..
    & a Granny Smith apple at 17!!!

how is that a sugar overdose??!
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have seen many people comment that the sugar goal is set super-low on MFP. I don't know what a reasonable intake is, TBH but I have manually reset mine to be about double the normal recommendation.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Ignore sugar (y)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sugar thread number 899 this week...

And has been stated in all of them, sugar is a carb. You track carbs already. No need to track them twice. Barring very specific medical conditions, the amount of sugar makes absolutely no difference to your health if you are tracking calories, protein, fat, and carbs.
  • studentgirly
    studentgirly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't look to deeply at the sugar intake if everything else is ok.

I can eat one apple and be over the daily sugar allowance.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't track my sugar intake because I'm a massive fruit fan (and have a major sweet tooth at times, eeek.) I track sodium instead. :)