Help! Plateau :(

Options
2»

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm not starving myself but I'm eating a crazy amount of fruit and veg. I lost 5 stone when I was 18 so I'm not new to a weightloss battle. I know what I should and shouldn't be eating and I know what my body can cope with. And as for my need to be skinny for Xmas I don't think 2.5 stone in four months is too extreme

That's the thing. There isn't ANYTHING that you should or shouldn't be eating. There's no such thing as bad foods when eaten within your calorie and macro-nutrient limit.
  • alanastar3
    Options
    Thanks DF. That's a really good way of upping calories without force feeding myself :) thanks for the advice
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I'm not starving myself but I'm eating a crazy amount of fruit and veg. I lost 5 stone when I was 18 so I'm not new to a weightloss battle. I know what I should and shouldn't be eating and I know what my body can cope with. And as for my need to be skinny for Xmas I don't think 2.5 stone in four months is too extreme

If this is a recurring battle, maybe it's time to take some of the advice people are giving and make a change?
  • littledante
    littledante Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I figure that bodies wont be forced to do anything but will act in their own time!! I also got frustrated last week when I did loads of exercise and ate well and still didn't lose anything. My mum said she plateaued for ages and then suddenly she lost 6 pounds in a week. Just keep going and use the community for support and if you really feel like you should have lost something by now re check your food diarys... are you eating too little? If your blood sugar is too low - you could be stopping yourself from losing weight x good luck anyway - I understand the frustration.
  • alanastar3
    Options
    I know my methods are a bit controversial but I managed to maintain for four years which I'm really proud of. But after getting in a bad relationship the weight piled on and I'm back to square one. I don't even want to be skinny, I'm too tall for that I just want a bit of confidence back
  • alanastar3
    Options
    I figure that bodies wont be forced to do anything but will act in their own time!! I also got frustrated last week when I did loads of exercise and ate well and still didn't lose anything. My mum said she plateaued for ages and then suddenly she lost 6 pounds in a week. Just keep going and use the community for support and if you really feel like you should have lost something by now re check your food diarys... are you eating too little? If your blood sugar is too low - you could be stopping yourself from losing weight x good luck anyway - I understand the frustration.

Thanks very much for that :) was starting to feel slightly attacked on this. Thanks for the support :)
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I know my methods are a bit controversial but I managed to maintain for four years which I'm really proud of. But after getting in a bad relationship the weight piled on and I'm back to square one. I don't even want to be skinny, I'm too tall for that I just want a bit of confidence back

I can understand that. What I can't understand though is when people come on here asking for help, but then defend the things they're doing, all the while they can't figure out why their method isn't working.
  • mperrott2205
    Options

I can understand that. What I can't understand though is when people come on here asking for help, but then defend the things they're doing, all the while they can't figure out why their method isn't working.

This. I just posted 2 very lengthy and very informative private messages to her. Giving her an example of what her caloric intake should be, what her macros should be, an example workout routine and I get the feeling that she isn't really interested nor wants to put in any additional effort to achieve her goals.

I'm sorry OP, but what you're doing IS wrong. And no amount of sugar coating from people is going to help you. You need to change.
  • LMick1986
    Options

This. I just posted 2 very lengthy and very informative private messages to her. Giving her an example of what her caloric intake should be, what her macros should be, an example workout routine and I get the feeling that she isn't really interested nor wants to put in any additional effort to achieve her goals.

I'm sorry OP, but what you're doing IS wrong. And no amount of sugar coating from people is going to help you. You need to change.

I really try not to be a jerk on these boards.....I'm no expert by any means. But if I ask for help, I'm wanting help! I don't understand making the excuses or saying "well it's worked for me for this long", etc. Almost anything can for for anybody for a short amount of time. We all need to find something sustainable that will work for us for life. LIFE. Not a few months....not even a few years.....forever. Who wants to constantly battle food and weight? I love this site for all the knowledge we can gain from others! Take it all in.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A week isn't a plateau hun. But never the less, try the podcast at fat2fitradio.com it gives lots of useful advice on keeping things going in the right direction. You are doing really well :flowerforyou:
  • alanastar3
    Options
    I will take any advice given on board and am under no delusions that I have been doing things in a healthy way. I understand that I need to take a new approach to this. However, what I don't appreciate is people who feel the need to condescend. We are all here for the same reason and community is for support not to attack. Defmut3 I will take your advice on board and it was appreciated.
  • alanastar3
    Options
    A week isn't a plateau hun. But never the less, try the podcast at fat2fitradio.com it gives lots of useful advice on keeping things going in the right direction. You are doing really well :flowerforyou:

Thanks very much :) ill have a wee look into that podcast and let you know how I get on with it :) I might be overreacting a bit with the plateau for a week lol feel a bit silly now but we all like I see results :) x
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    I will take any advice given on board and am under no delusions that I have been doing things in a healthy way. I understand that I need to take a new approach to this. However, what I don't appreciate is people who feel the need to condescend. We are all here for the same reason and community is for support not to attack. Defmut3 I will take your advice on board and it was appreciated.

Nobody has attacked you.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    Community is for support. It's just not always in the words people want to see, rather what they need to see. I'm sorry if anything I said came off condescending. I'm not better than anyone here. It just seemed to me that many of your responses were defending your known unhealthy choices. If you appreciate what someone says, tell them you appreciate it rather than trying to explain away your unhealthy habits.
    My best advice though is to not give up. Consider making smaller goals. 35 pounds in three months is quite a bit. I personally found that when I'd set a big goal....and fall short, I'd somewhat beat myself up over it. Small goals were exciting to reach.....and it has made all the difference. We all falter, fall short, plateau, etc......but ask for the help, take in the advice, and keep pushing forward.
  • alanastar3
    Options
    Community is for support. It's just not always in the words people want to see, rather what they need to see. I'm sorry if anything I said came off condescending. I'm not better than anyone here. It just seemed to me that many of your responses were defending your known unhealthy choices. If you appreciate what someone says, tell them you appreciate it rather than trying to explain away your unhealthy habits.
    My best advice though is to not give up. Consider making smaller goals. 35 pounds in three months is quite a bit. I personally found that when I'd set a big goal....and fall short, I'd somewhat beat myself up over it. Smalls goals were exciting to reach.....and it has made all the difference. We all falter, fall short, plateau, etc......but ask for the help, take in the advice, and keep pushing forward.

Thanks for that :) I know I'm not going about this correctly and I honestly do plan on changing my eating habits it's going to take some time though but I will try. I don't know what happened there. I asked for help and got it then just couldn't admit publicly that I was wrong. Weight loss is just soooo difficult sometimes it's as if there's no light at the end of the tunnel. As much as I have a goal weight I'm focusing more on inches lost than weight as I think my scales are out to get me. Thanks for your opinions and sorry for being so stubborn
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    My best advice though is to not give up. Consider making smaller goals. 35 pounds in three months is quite a bit. I personally found that when I'd set a big goal....and fall short, I'd somewhat beat myself up over it. Smalls goals were exciting to reach.....and it has made all the difference. We all falter, fall short, plateau, etc......but ask for the help, take in the advice, and keep pushing forward.

Thanks for that :) I know I'm not going about this correctly and I honestly do plan on changing my eating habits it's going to take some time though but I will try. I don't know what happened there. I asked for help and got it then just couldn't admit publicly that I was wrong. Weight loss is just soooo difficult sometimes it's as if there's no light at the end of the tunnel. As much as I have a goal weight I'm focusing more on inches lost than weight as I think my scales are out to get me. Thanks for your opinions and sorry for being so stubborn

<3