Thinking about jogging/running?

Options
Is there anyone who thought about doing this and want to give it a try? I have a 5k run/walk and I'm aiming for a 45 minute goal my first try. I'm going to do my 2 week training Couch25k (along with my general walks :D) and i could use the support. Maybe someone could get on this with me or a group..make it a virtual thing. Can be at any time of day and we can come back here and give some updates. :D

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'd like to! I started C25K yesterday and I try to walk at least 30 minutes per day.
  • debwilson
    debwilson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with this. When is your 5K? I was on week 7 day 1 and got very ill with asthmatic bronchitis. It has really set me back in my training. I am going back to Week 6 and start on day 1 and try to regain my strength. Couch25K is the greatest. I am a middle aged really overweight woman and never thought I would be running and loving it!! My first 5K will be November 6 in Chicago. I to am shooting for a 45 minute run.

Keep up the good work!!! Don't let it overwhelm you. I know when I would look ahead and see that it would expect me to run 5 minutes then 10 minutes, I thought no way, but oh yes I could do it and so can you!!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I started C25K about a week ago...
  • bigred727
    Options
    the best workout known to humanity, you have to keep a very positive mind set when you jog, or run... dont tell yourself you cant do it, then you already gave up, tell yourself im gonna do this, im gonna show everyone that it can be done...
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Funny thing, I just decided today to give the c25k a shot myself.