Spaghetti Squash Recipe Roundup!

Options
TheLongRunner
TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
I am obsessed with spaghetti squash and eat it as much as possible. I had Spaghetti Squash and Cheese tonight...NOM NOM! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/baked-spaghetti-squash-and-cheese.html

Anyone else have any good recipes or links to recipes for spaghetti squash?

Thanks! :drinker:

Replies

• WhoDat5o4
    WhoDat5o4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
  • WattleGirl14
    WattleGirl14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just read the link(http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/baked-spaghetti-squash-and-cheese.html) and in my total ignorance to squash spaghetti... once you bake its does it just become stringy like spaghetti (like in the 4th picture down)?
  • WhoDat5o4
    WhoDat5o4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    After you bake it you scrape it out and it comes out like spaghetti.

http://www.acookgrowsinbrooklyn.com/2012/10/kale-and-spaghetti-squash-gratin-and.html?m=1
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I bake it and separate it into fine strands then I saute it with fresh chives , some dill & a little butter! It is great with finely chopped shallots and any fresh herb, YUM!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TheLongRunner
    Options
    Oh yummy! Thanks for the Cajun recipe idea and the sauté idea. Sometimes I don't think of the more basic ideas but they sound super yummy!
  • onlyevita
    onlyevita Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I make it with ground turkey, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and reduced fat cheese. It is absolutely delicious. I am having it this week.:happy:
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    bum for later! Thanks for posting!! Been wanting to try spaghetti squash
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love spaghetti squash but usually just eat it with a little shredded cheddar on it. Great ideas!
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump, yum, always looking for recipes.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash! My favorites are Jackson's Spaghetti Squash (from The Biggest Loser) and Spaghetti Squash Pancakes.

Jackson’s Sassy, Saucy Spaghetti Squash

(Makes 4 Servings)
    Ingredients:
    1 Spaghetti Squash
    8 oz Ground Turkey or Turkey Sausage
    2 Cups Low-Sodium Spaghetti Sauce
    ½ Large Onion, Diced (I prefer red)
    1 ½ cup Sliced Mushrooms
    3 Cups Baby Spinach
    4 Tbs. Mozzarella Cheese (Optional)
    Garlic
    Salt & Pepper

Per serving:
    Calories: 252
    Total fat: 6.4 g
    Sat Fat 2g
    Carb 30 g
    Fiber 6g
    Sugars 17g
    Protein 21g
    Cholest. 43mg
    Sodium 332 mg

This is my favorite recipe and I eat it almost every day on the ranch. It is packed with nutrient dense vegetables and is a great source of fiber. It’s also very low in calories so you get a lot of bang for your buck.

1. Cut either end off of the spaghetti squash. Cut it in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out all of the guts. Wrap both halves in plastic wrap and throw in the microwave for about 10 minutes.

2. While your squash is cooking, begin to brown the turkey and sauté your onions and mushrooms. Season with salt and garlic.

NOTE: Most chefs will tell you to do cook your meat and vegetables in separate pans. I, however, hate doing dishes and, therefore, choose to ignore most chefs.

3. Once your turkey is brown add the spaghetti sauce and spinach to the pan. Cook until the sauce is hot and the spinach has wilted down.

4. While your sauce is heating up, take your spaghetti squash and begin to shred it with a fork. If it doesn’t shred easily, put it back in the microwave until it begins to fall apart.

5. Put 1cup of shredded squash with 1 cup of the turkey/sauce mixture On a plate. Top with one Tbs. of Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper if desired. Serve with a GENEROUS portion of steamed veggies or a side salad (my favorite is steamed broccoli).

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I found it to be an awesome way for me to enjoy one of my favorite dishes (spaghetti) without the extra carbohydrates and processed, white noodles. Try to experiment by substituting veggies with some of the ingredients in your favorite dishes. You’ll be shocked by how much you can still enjoy your favorite foods and begin to drop weight!

Much love,
    Jackson (BL14)

Spaghetti Squash Pancakes

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Serving Size: 1 (Makes 3-4 pancakes
    Ingredients
    •1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
    •2 eggs
    •1/4 cup whole wheat flour (white flour can be used)
    •1 tablespoon butter, softened
    •salt + pepper, to taste
    •1/2 tablespoon butter, for the pan

Instructions
    1.Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
    2.Heat a small skillet on the stovetop, add butter or cooking spray.
    3.Pour in batter, and spread into a disk with a spoon.
    4.Cook pancake slowly on medium heat for about 3-6 minutes (or when batter starts to bubble) and then flip.
    5.Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
    6.Serve warm, with an extra pat of butter if desired.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheLongRunner
    Options
    Pancakes!!! Brilliant! Must try!
  • mcelysium
    mcelysium Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/cheesy-baked-spaghetti-squash-boats.html

Favorite recipe thus far ^

I use pizza sauce and Kraft Mozzarella with a touch of Philadelphia.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I must try this
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    in for ideas!