Any cyclists out there? New or experienced.

Options
I've ridden casually all my life but recently (first as a weight loss exercise) I've really been getting into it. Currently I'm averaging 15mph, and I ride for an hour every other day, sometimes everyday, it depends on my schedule.

I've decided to start training for the MS150 ride in the spring. Any others out there with tips to share or that want to start a cycling group?

Replies

• scarlettbleu
    Options
    Nobody?
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not.

I fit an "avid" or "experienced" category for sure, and can help in many ways and answer many questions. I am focusing more on running now [since Sunday actually], but will still work in some bike workouts because, well, I just love to ride my bicycle.

I am mostly a road bike/cyclocross rider, and usually enjoy the longer rides myself. I have many bikes and tons of gear, so I can help with those questions too.

MS150 is a great ride [and long ride] that sounds awesome. I'll be here for ya.

Ray
  • bigred727
    Options
    ill join, and heres a few tips to get up your speed... turn your gears on full, find a hill, before you go up the hill get your speed up, then go up the hill in one constent motion without stopping, then go back down and do it again, do it over again utill you feel like your good... the very next time you ride, you could put the gears up, and it feels so light, and so easy to peddle... its one trick i used and worked very well... (note; the first time you do this, your legs are gonna hurt the next morning.. but thats what its for, improveing... right...)

you could also try this, one of your rides, dont sit down on the seat the whole ride, stand up the whole time, another trick that works...
  • thenebean9
    Options
    I'd join, but I need to get myself a new bike first! :P
  • vikkij12
    Options
    bump at work will get back tonight