It's the little things

Options
latenitelucy
latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
My NSV is that I made a bag of Doritos last more than a week. I may actually have to throw out the last of them 'cause they are getting a little stale.

This may seem crazy to some of you but I previously had no sense of moderation. Many foods, if I didn't want to stuff my face, I had to keep them out of the house. I've gained some control. Yay, Doritos!!

Replies

• sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not crazy at all! I understand. Great job and keep up the good work.
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome. I am the same way, so I bought single serving bags to help keep me honest, but I have not really touched them either. I am proud of you and your dedication is showing in the results :wink:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hope you're at least talking about a full bag. not a single serving ;) cuz i can relate to making the full size bag last a week. AND YAY.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    A bag of Doritos wouldn't even last 10 minutes, no matter how much will power I think I have....

Now I want doritos
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I totally get it and that is awesome that you have been able to pace yourself with such a yummy treat. Just recently I threw out some prepackaged cookies that I had in the cabinet leftover from a get together. Let me tell you that prior to starting this new healthier lifestyle I would totally have finished them off. I just looked at them and realized that they weren't yummy enough to waste my calories on so in the garbage they went. That made me feel very powerful.

Keep up the great work. It really is the little things that make the difference :)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing job with self-control! My "can't put the bag down" snack is cheetos.... I can sit and eat half the bag without even blinking! Congrats :drinker:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV! Great job!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    thats really cool. right now the only thing that crosses my mind to tempt me is pizza. so yes, i stay completely away from it.congratulations tho on your contol. you did awesome.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    A full bag never last in this house

And now I'm adding Doritos to my shopping list, thanks OP.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    No. It's an accomplishment.

Now, I have to ask. You are called "Latenite" Yet, you are always posting during the day. What gives? Are you in East Asia?
  • latenitelucy
    Options
    Sorry to those of you I tempted with Doritos. That is, no, WAS my downfall snack!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • latenitelucy
    Options

Now, I have to ask. You are called "Latenite" Yet, you are always posting during the day. What gives? Are you in East Asia?

I post at work. Double screens, and about half the day one of them has MFP on it. That's when most of my fave peeps are on, like you guys!
    I got better things to be doing with my "latenite" :bigsmile:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I post at work. Double screens, and about half the day one of them has MFP on it. That's when most of my fave peeps are on, like you guys!
    I got better things to be doing with my "latenite" :bigsmile:

Ahhh. Makes sense.

What could that be? Ordering from Wendy's?
  • latenitelucy
    Options
    No, Taco Bell for the Fourth Meal...plus they Have Doritos Locos Tacos!!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Not only have you developed self control but you've also discovered that eating more nutritiously makes you feel better over the long run then the short term that junk provides. Your mind actually wants your body to have good food. I've noticed the same thing too. That much said, fried foods were/are an addiction for me. I don't think I'm willing to re-introduce them into my eating habits. Just like a recovering alcoholic will never touch alcohol again, I can live without fried foods for the rest of my life.
  • keeper0499
    Options
    Doritos never did it for me but its always the salty crunchies that are my weakness. I could not have a piece of chocolate or sweet for a month and not crave it but chips, pretzels (I know their not horrible but I need the salted ones), crackers, etc drive me crazy. Like you I'm practicing moderation, I've also had some luck with the quaker flavored rice cakes...not a perfect substitute but they help trick my body into meeting that craving. Stay strong
  • latenitelucy
    Options
    Doritos never did it for me but its always the salty crunchies that are my weakness. I could not have a piece of chocolate or sweet for a month and not crave it but chips, pretzels (I know their not horrible but I need the salted ones), crackers, etc drive me crazy. Like you I'm practicing moderation, I've also had some luck with the quaker flavored rice cakes...not a perfect substitute but they help trick my body into meeting that craving. Stay strong

Yes, I'll take salty or savory over sweet anytime. I love the rice cake snacks too. I really like the low salt rice cakes with the laughing cow spread on top. It's a very tasty 80 calorie snack
  • keeper0499
    Options

Yes, I'll take salty or savory over sweet anytime. I love the rice cake snacks too. I really like the low salt rice cakes with the laughing cow spread on top. It's a very tasty 80 calorie snack

Thank goodness for laughing cow (I'm a cheese nut too) it's way too expensive but I need it so I won't jump in a vat of velvetta!!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That is a massive NSV! Well done :-D
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    That's a huge accomplishment!!!! Congrats!
    right now the only thing that crosses my mind to tempt me is pizza. so yes, i stay completely away from it.

Just curious - would you consider just buying one slice and make a big salad with lots of veggies to keep you full? For me I try my best not to deprive myself and making little adjustments like that has really helped me along the way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!